Complaint Review: BB&T

• Updated: Mon, June 17, 2013

• Reported By: Derek — Summerville South Carolina
BB&T
218 S Bragg Blvd Spring Lake, North Carolina USA

BB&T Still harrassing after closing account 2+ years later!!! Spring Lake North Carolina

We (wife and I) had a horrendous experience trying to close an account with BB&T.  This account was originally started when I was stationed at Ft. Bragg as an active duty soldier.  After being honorably discharged, and moving to SC, we attempted to move the account to SC brank (also a hassel that turned into missed work, multiple appointments, and consistently having to prove addresses, identity, residency, etc).  Because we wanted to streamline our banking to a better service, we attempted to close the account 2+ years ago, and another horrendous experience in trying to get the accounts reconciled so they could be closed.  To finally get the account closed we filed, BBB, Consumer Affairs, wrote to CEO, Inspector General all of them!

We thought it was over, as we have moved onto our new bank and have been happy with them and their service for the past 2+ years.  We bought a house with them, a car with them, and they handle most of our financial dealings.  2 Weeks ago, BB&T sends us a notification that we owe them for outstanding fees!

So my wife calls and attempts to politely get things reconciled and the TSR on the other end cannot explain why there is still an account, why the balance is only $40 (should have been a BRIGHT LIGHTBULB) after 2+ years of it being closed, and when they cannot answer, they started down the previous history road of telling my wife of 18yrs that they cannot do anything and that I am going to have to go to a local branch... yada yada.

So finally we get a phone number and a response from emails.  Attempts made to remind are futile, and the 'scripting' commences in which everyone we talk to absolves responsibility to fix the problem and wants us to visit local offices, send copies, etc.

So this time, I am not playing around, if someone is interested in a Civil Suit against them, or there is a pending one that I can participate in, please get in touch with me.  It is about time someone taught this company to be more respectful.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/17/2013 05:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BBT/Spring-Lake-North-Carolina-28390/BBT-Still-harrassing-after-closing-account-2-years-later-Spring-Lake-North-Carolina-1059637. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BB&T