Complaint Review: BBVA Compass Bank

• Submitted: Fri, May 01, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, May 01, 2009

• Reported By:Arp Texas
BBVA Compass Bank
1600 6th Avenue SE Decatur, Alabama U.S.A.

BBVA Compass Bank Excessive fees and interest on credit card Decatur Alabama

I did a balance transfer with this bank and used an expired check offer they had sent me, on accident. Despite my "cash advance" limit being $1,000 they honored this check for $9,500 and charged me a cash advance fee of $380 plus 21.99% interest and a $39 overlimit fee when their fees put me over the limit. Despite working with them on the matter and explaining my mistake, they additionally charged me $75 for "lowering my rate" although I told them I was moving the balance, and did. All in all they got $630.66 in excess fees and interest from me in the space of one month. I moved the balance and cut up the card and sent it to them to close the account. They have not attempted to even work with me, no supervisors have been in or returned my calls, and a customer service rep called to argue with me after receiving the cut up card and a letter telling them to close the account - her claim was that I wasn't clear in my letter!

Do not accept their credit cards and avoid Compass Bank. They are nothing but rip off's and if they treat a good customer with excellent credit this way, you can only imagine how they might treat someone who wasn't!

Angela-in-texas
Arp, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/01/2009 09:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BBVA-Compass-Bank/Decatur-Alabama-35601/BBVA-Compass-Bank-Excessive-fees-and-interest-on-credit-card-Decatur-Alabama-448016. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BBVA Compass Bank