Complaint Review: bbv*hotmoviesale.com

• Updated: Sat, March 19, 2011

• Reported By: jw — Newark Delaware United States of America
bbv*hotmoviesale.com

bbv*hotmoviesale.com Unauthorized debit , Internet

*Author of original report: BBV hotmoviesale.com adds recurring fee after purchase

I ordered a movie from hotmoviesale.com a couple months ago, and now they've suddenly added a charge of 9.95 to my account. I haven't purchased anything from them except the one movie a couple months ago.

I see I'm not the first person they've done this to. I read another report where an individual was charged the same 9.95 fee for nothing.

Because of this, my bank made me cancel my debit card. I have to wait a week for a new one and memorize a new card number.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/18/2011 12:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/bbvhotmoviesalecom/internet/bbvhotmoviesalecom-Unauthorized-debit-Internet-707737. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on bbv*hotmoviesale.com

BBV hotmoviesale.com adds recurring fee after purchase

AUTHOR: jw - (United States of America)

I wrote a report yesterday on bbv*hotmoviesale.com. I purchased a movie once in November, and then I noticed they took 9.95 out of my account this month. After I did some more digging in my back statements, I realized they'd been extracting 9.95 from my checking account every month since November!

Again, I purchased one movie, one time. I never signed up for any membership, promotions, or anything else that costs money. I make it a point not to do that. Nothing comes out of my account automatically, not bills or anything. So I've been paying them every month, and I never authorized any payment but the one I made in November.

I guess the moral is to only buy from reputable websights. Use paypal whenever you can. And read your monthly statements! Look at your account, daily! I could've taken care of this months ago, but I held too much faith that this wouldn't happen to me. Small withdrawls like 9.95 a month can easily go unnoticed, but they add up.