Complaint Review: Beachboyd.com

• Reported By: JoAnna — Jacksonville Florida United States of America
Beachboyd.com
Internet, California United States of America

Beachboyd.com Fraudulent Credit Card Charge Internet, California

On 2/5/10, I ordered the "Insanity" workout dvd's.  I payed the full amount instead of installments.  When it got to the point where they offer supplements, online support and the "free trial" offers, I specifically said "no" to everything.

Fortunately, because I check my account on a daily basis, I noticed that on today, 2/8/10, I was charged an additional $38.87 for the Beachbody Club membership that I did NOT order or authorize.  I called the number provided to my bank, 1-800-207-0424.  The representative, who barely spoke english, stated that it would take 3 - 5 business days to credit my account.  After informing him that it was unacceptable for me to have to wait have my money returned to me when I did not authorize the charge, he put me on hold and spoke with a supervisor.  That supervisor is supposed to be calling me.  No call yet.

I asked for an address to file a complaint.  He could not give me one and gave me the "corporate office" number, 1-800-240-1068.  I called and got Giovanni.  He gave me an address of :

Beachbody

P. O. Box 7610

Torrence, CA  90504

Giovanni also allowed me to speak with his supervisor, Martessa who gave me a direct line, 213-201-1751.  She, actually, was very pleasant to speak with.  She has ordered the tapes of my conversation when the order was placed and will email those to me.  Although she used the excuse "9 times out of 10, people want the free trial offers and say yes."  I immediately let her know that I was the 1 who specifically said no to all offers.  We will see if she keeps her word and sends the recording.

I also went online to their "live chat" and was given an address of:

Corporate Customer Service

3301 Exposition Blvd

Santa Monica, CA  90404

Which addres is correct?  I don't know, but I am going to file a complaint at both addresses.  I will also be contacting the State Attorney's Office here in FL.  I am writing the BBB, lodging my complaint online, and anywhere else that I can to help someone else avoid these problems.

By the way, I am returning the "Insanity" workout, as I do not spend my money with businesses who mistreat the public.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/08/2010 08:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Beachboydcom/Internet-California-/Beachboydcom-Fraudulent-Credit-Card-Charge-Internet-California-566216. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Beachboyd.com