Complaint Review: Beall's Department Store

Beall's Department Store
1079 S Federal Hwy Deerfield Beach, Florida USA

Beall's Department Store Rip Off Return Policy Deerfield Beach Florida

*General Comment: cont..

I just got back from the Deerfield Beach, FL Beall's on Federal Hwy. I went there to exchange a Christmas gift. I had no receipt but the tags were still on and it was still in the Beall's box. The tag price was $36.  The clerk told me the "sale price" was $26. Since I had no receipt and it was a gift, I couldn't really complain. She took my license and then said I would only receive $3.68 because the purchaser of the gift had used discount coupons. How could she possible know this without a receipt? This is a blatant attempt to rip people off! I would have been happy with a credit for the so called "sale price" and the option to pay the difference on an item I could actually use.

I have been an occasional customer of Beall's but will no longer shop there.  This is the worst policy for returns that I have encountered. I doubt I am the only person making post Christmas exchanges.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/28/2013 10:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bealls-Department-Store/Deerfield-Beach-Florida-33441/Bealls-Department-Store-Rip-Off-Return-Policy-Deerfield-Beach-Florida-1111263. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Beall's Department Store

#1 General Comment

cont..

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

The people who got this present for you paid $4.00 for it. They couldnt even pay the sale price but used coupons. No business is going to give you MORE then what was paid for it. To sit there and say this business is screwing you is a LIE!!!! A LIE you are telling. You refuse to accept the fact that the person who gave it to you was CHEAP!! They paid $4.00 for it, you get $4.00 back. Nothing more. YOURE THE SCAMMER!! YOU ARE ATTEMPTING TO RIP THEM OFF!! YOU DEMAND MORE MONEY THEN THE PERSON WHO BOUGHT IT FOR YOU PAID!!!

Your mother must be so proud of the scammig fool she raised. FYI: Most businesses CAN look up purchases by the UPC alone. If the item you are returning still had the tags on it then they can look it up. I guess critical thinking is a tough one for you as well as honesty and integrity.