Complaint Review: BeautyEncounter.com

• Submitted: Thu, July 21, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, July 21, 2011

• Reported By: Jemorphis — Spokane Washington United States of America
18480 Pacific Street Fountain Valley, California United States of America

BeautyEncounter.com Beauty Encounter sold a CHI flat iron to me that they were not authorized to sell. Mfg warranty is void. Probably a fake. Will not refund or replace. Fountain Valley, California

I purchased a CHI flat Iron on November 4, 2010 from Beautyencounter.com with a 2 year mfg warranty for $99.00.  The box arrived looking original with all the paperwork you should find.   I used this iron until June of 2011 when it quit working.  I contacted the mfg and found out that they only warranty products sold from authorized dealers and that  they never sell to any website distributors.  They only sell their irons to Salons or beauty supplies who sell to professional hair dressers.   In essence, the 2 year warranty is void and the iron is probably a fake.

I contacted Beautyencounter.com by email and phone and they refuse to refund or replace the bad CHI and insisted I deal with Farouk Industries, the mfc.  I've made three calls to Farouk who said they have been bombarded with fakes and will not look at it if I didn't buy it from an authorized dealer.   Period.

I believe this site sells other fake items such as high end fragrances.  I was referred to this company by a friend.   I usually buy these types of professional appliances through my hairdresser.  This is a professional level flat iron that is not available to the public.  It has to be sold through a licensed hair dresser or salon.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/21/2011 11:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BeautyEncountercom/Fountain-Valley-California-92708/BeautyEncountercom-Beauty-Encounter-sold-a-CHI-flat-iron-to-me-that-they-were-not-author-756028. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BeautyEncounter.com