Complaint Review: BECKER AUTO SALVAGE

• Submitted: Tue, July 10, 2001
  • Updated: Tue, December 01, 2009

• Reported By:
BECKER AUTO SALVAGE
3221 73RD STREET ATKINS, IOWA U.S.A.

BECKER AUTO SALVAGE rip-off car dealer in IOWA

*General Comment: Arlo Becker

*Consumer Comment: Did fine with me

*UPDATE Employee: Under New Management

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: good luck

Becker's Auto Salvage rip off my daughter for 200 dollars the car didn"T run and they won't give back her money

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/10/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BECKER-AUTO-SALVAGE/ATKINS-IOWA-52206/BECKER-AUTO-SALVAGE-rip-off-car-dealer-in-IOWA-5688. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BECKER AUTO SALVAGE

#1 General Comment

Arlo Becker

AUTHOR: Chris Scholl - (United States of America)

I dont understand what all the BS is, Id been a happy costumer of "Honest" Arlo for years, not ever did he do me wrong. Granted he may have been hard to understand, come off as a a p***k but other then that never had any issues. I worked for him and work shortly for Duffeild, Always got a kick out of Arlo and didnt care for the duffeild crew at all, other then John, he was a good guy.

To all you who had bad opinions of Arlo, you just dont understand that he was a ole boy who had delt with about every sort of BS in the years, so he was just doing what he had to to make money, and deal with people wanting new parts from a used parts yard, you buy a car at a junk yard your a idiot to think its going to be perfect, its at a junk yard for a reason lol If you think Duffeild was such a Angel you blind too, they just smiled pretty while bending you over, Arlo didnt lol Other then duffeild having some  pretty girls at the counter it was the same thing, My opinion is if Arlo was such a crappy guy, he wouldnt have had the yard for 30-40+ years and if Duffeild was such a great guy he wouldnt have what it is now, a useless hay field called a salvage yard! The only thing Duffeild did I liked was clean and organize the yard out in the start, now he has a what 20-30 cars total? Becker had alittle of everything, stacked 3 high.

Did fine with me

AUTHOR: Allen - (U.S.A.)

When it was Beckers Auto ,Arlo was a very ruthless person to do business with.It is under new management now it is Duffeilds Auto.I have also dealt with the new owners alot,They are now a very respectable place to do business with and I will continue doing business with these people.They have had parts that I have'nt found for a long time and had a very resonable price for it they never misrepresented themslves to me for anything.Now if you need parts DO NOT go to K'S Acres,they will steal your parts while getting parts and resale them to someone else.The old beckers (duffields)is a family run business,they are fast getting parts for you and they are just what they say they are and sometimes in better shape.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Randy - (U.S.A.)

Correction... I am NOT an employee of Duffields Auto Salvage,(formerly Beckers) I am sure I checked the "consumer suggestion" listing.I am a satisfied customer of Duffields, and highly recommend others to trade there.

#4 Consumer Suggestion

#5 Consumer Suggestion

#6 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Randy - (U.S.A.)

This business is now under new management, and is now known as "Duffields Auto Salvage". Arlo Becker (the previous owner/sob) has retired, and sold out. The new owners are courteous,polite,and very helpful.I would encourage anyone,like myself,who has avoided this business because of Arlo Becker, to give the new owners a chance to serve you. I think you will be pleased with the service and prices. Thanks for providing this forum. sincerely, a satisfied customer.

#8 UPDATE EX-employee responds

good luck

AUTHOR: marilyn - (U.S.A.)

i know arlo very well, i not only worked there but lived with him for three years. i could tell u stories u wouldn't believe. he is the most ruthless man alive, mean heartless, and don't care. he always wins in court, so u might as well give up. he took me for thousands of dollars, i'll never see. he still has some of my stuff that was my late husbands and will not give it to me. he owes me money from trucks and plows i'll never see. he is a horrible man. good luck m beck