Complaint Review: beenverified.com

• Submitted: Thu, April 01, 2010
  • Updated: Thu, April 01, 2010

• Reported By: AJ — No-Retaliation Internet United States of America
beenverified.com

beenverified.com Cancellation does not work, refusal to give full refund Internet

SCAM! When you sign up for the 7 day trial, if you try to cancel...nothing happens. I know my browser did not cause any failure of their "EZ Cancel" button's functionality. I watched my wife cancel out of their 7 day free trial after 4 days and it said the account was cancelled. A few days later, I get a $96 charge on my card from "Beenverified.com". Even though she hadn't logged into the site after the 4 day into her trial and/or after clicking their "EZ Cancel" button, they refused to issue a full credit.  The most I could get them to do was to credit back all but 1 month.  They stated they didn't see where we cancelled. I WATCHED MY WIFE CLICK THE "EZ CANCEL" button! They stated she should have got an email that she needed to confirm. There was no email, not in her junk mail, spam filter, or anything. I even had my ISP double check an make sure that no spam filtering on their end trapped the message. Basically the rep got me to the supervisor (Chris) who tried to get me to accept that I was going to be shorted $15 (basically making the 7 day trial force me to sign up for a full month). When I refused, he stated that we will credit you $80.50 and hung up! Crooks, criminals, and scam artists. I have never had a problem with an online company like this. These people are bad, and I hope what goes around, comes back around on them. I'm starting with Rip-off report, and I will continue filing complaints with everyone I can. I am lucky that I ONLY lost $15 in the free trial I guess.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/01/2010 03:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/beenverifiedcom/internet/beenverifiedcom-Cancellation-does-not-work-refusal-to-give-full-refund-Internet-588499. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on beenverified.com