Complaint Review: beenverified.com

• Submitted: Sun, February 06, 2011
  • Updated: Sun, February 06, 2011

• Reported By: J — Hammond Indiana United States of America
beenverified.com

beenverified.com Tried 7-day free trial, but information they offer is terribly inaccurate. I cancelled membership but not in time; they charged my bank acct and refuse to refund. Internet

I signed up at www.beenverified.com to do background checks on a recent ex-fiancee, as she has criminal records that I discovered at the end of our relationship (information came directly from her family).  I saw the commercial for www.beenverified.com & decided to look up her information.  The website prompts you to enter personal banking information prior to reviewing any records - I obliged.  The terms are to receive the offer free for seven days, and charging to commence after.  After conducting a search on her, the website showed they had no criminal information on her, despite the fact that she does have several existing & historic records against her.  I ran a comparison on myself & one other person I know, and it brought up several records for people with names not even close to the ones I ran as comparisons.  The only way to cancel the membership is to call an 800 number, but I didn't get that chance until two days after the seven-day period due to having to be at work then coming down with a severe illness; they refused any refund at all, even a partial, due to the terms of the contract.  I can understand fulfilling the terms of the contract, but the fact that they have such horribly inaccurate information on their website - they shouldn't even attempt to offer anything to anyone under any circumstances.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/06/2011 04:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/beenverifiedcom/internet/beenverifiedcom-Tried-7-day-free-trial-but-information-they-offer-is-terribly-inaccurat-691650. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on beenverified.com