Complaint Review: beenverified.com

• Submitted: Tue, December 27, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, March 06, 2012

• Reported By: Anonmous — Poughkeepsie New York United States of America
beenverified.com

beenverified.com Victims are being found by outraged defendants fresh out of jail Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: We Are Here To Help!

My husband was killed in March 1987.  The person who killed him was tried, and convicted in 1992.  The defendant went to jail and was released last July after only serving 18 yrs out of a 25-life sentence. The defendant being savvy and enraged at being incarcerated has been using been verified.com to try to find "me".  I called, wrote, called and wrote over 500 times to not just beenverified.com but to dozens of other companies who when you put my name in their data base my address pops up, this madman that killed my husband doesn't need anything else to find me since these big companies are handing out my address like it was candy.  Why isn't the government or any other lesser government agency doing nothing to protect the victims of violent crimes? Who looks out for us?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/27/2011 03:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/beenverifiedcom/internet/beenverifiedcom-Victims-are-being-found-by-outraged-defendants-fresh-out-of-jail-Interne-814449. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on beenverified.com

#1 Consumer Suggestion

We Are Here To Help!

AUTHOR: SafeShepherd Noah - (United States of America)

--This is a response to the original author of this post--

Hi there,

I am so sorry for your loss.  That is truly a tragedy and I can't even begin to imagine the trials and tribulations that you have faced over the past twenty years.

Also I am sorry that you have had to deal with BeenVerified in that matter.  Besides their service being a scam and overcharging users, it seems like their customer service is worse than horrendous.

The problem that you mention in your post of "these big companies are handing out my address like it was candy" is exactly the problem that we are solving with our company SafeShepherd.  With SafeShepherd we ask for your information once and then go about removing you from all of the people search websites and data broker data bases.  Not only that, but we continue to monitor the web so that if your name, address, or phone number ever pops up onto the web again, we have it quickly removed.

I would like to offer you a free premium subscription to our service so that you can have some peace of mind and not have to worry about this lunatic who murdered your husband.  Hopefully you read this so that we can get in touch and we can get your service set up for you ASAP.  If you are reading this, please contact me at noah@safeshepherd.com