Complaint Review: beenverified.com

• Submitted: Wed, March 03, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, March 22, 2010

• Reported By: Feduponripoffs — United States of America
beenverified.com

beenverified.com background checks, people information search, criminal record search Internet

*Consumer Comment: beenverified.com I almost

They offer background searcher to "protect your family" and check out professionals before using there services. The problem is the information is not only incomplete but also incorrect. If you are trying to protect yourself or your family a criminal history is the most important information. When searching BeenVerified.com I found that the criminal history was lacking a very important component, THE PERSON'S CRIMINAL HISTORY. I searched several people who I knew for a fact had criminal history's and according to  BeenVerified.com they had no criminal history. On one person they listed there criminal history under the tab "Unlikely Matches". After looking over the "unlikely match" which I know 100% to be on this persons criminal record I found many missing criminal offenses which are public record easily searched for on the internet for free. Why pay for incorrect and incomplete information when you can get correct and complete information for free.

When I searched myself I said I was related to a person I have never heard of. This person is not one of my relative, but upon looking over the persons profile I found they had lived in the same house I did (at some point other then when I lived there). The conclusion I have come to is that they were listed as a relative because we both had the same address at some point. I also found this same occurrence when I searched some of my family members names. Relatives listed as their relatives were not really their relatives and I am 100% sure of this. These incorrect relatives did at some point live at the same address as my family member.

I also found incorrect  addresses (past and present)on profiles for my family members and friends.

This site is not even worth using during the free 7 day trial and is definitely not worth paying $14.95 a month for. Their own disclaimer basically started this by saying "we do not represent or warrant that the results provided will be 100% accurate and up to date", along with the fact that the information is from "publicly available sources of information"The complete disclaimer is below:

Disclaimer: While we are constantly updating and refining our database and service, we do not represent or warrant that the results provided will be 100% accurate and up to date. BeenVerified is a database of publicly available sources of information aggregated for your convenience. BeenVerified does not provide private investigator services and this information should not be used for employment, tenant screening, or any FCRA related purposes. BeenVerified does not make any representation or warranty as to the character or the integrity of the person, business, or entity that is the subject of any search inquiry processed through our service. None of the above-featured companies either sponsor, endorse, or are in anyway affiliated with BeenVerified or this promotion. (BeenVerified.com, 2010)

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/03/2010 11:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/beenverifiedcom/internet/beenverifiedcom-background-checks-people-information-search-criminal-record-search-Int-577740. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on beenverified.com

beenverified.com I almost

AUTHOR: Hoss - (U.S.A.)

I was thinking of using the beenverified.com to do some background checks myself (seeing the TV ads) but thanks to ripoff report and posters like your self I've decided for the better and will not be using that service. I do belive there is deceptive practices going on and I'm glad I was not taken for my hard earned dollars like these other people who had to post their bad experiances.