- Report: #715886
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: beezid
beezid beezid.com Something seems wrong - I watched an account (shewolf410) bid nearly 500 times (about $300 worth of bids) then mysteriouly stopped, Internet
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
So I decided to bid on a small dyson vacuum (msrp $299). Before I placed my bid, I watched the bidding history. i began looking when the bid price was around $9. as i watched, there was one account that appeared to be manually bidding, shewolf410. after almost every bid, this account posted back another bid.
I looked at the previous auction for this product and the winning bid came in at $13.86. So if I do the math right... at $0.60 per bid and 1 cent increase per bid, beezid.com grossed $831.60 or a $299 product.
I went back to the bidding history and saw 7 total accounts bidding on the product at that time. Some were autobids but most were manual bids, shewolf was hanging in there. around $12.00, the bidding had gotten down to just shewolf and another account. So, at this point, from $9 to $12, there were 300 bids. To be consrevative, I will estimate shewolf had 100 bids during that time (about $60). As I continued to watch, shewolf continued bidding all the way up to $15, another 300 bids. Of these, she had another 100 (another $60). At this point, again, other bidders had entered and fallen off, and it was just shewolf and another (different from before) bidder. This continued until the bid reached around $18 (another 300 bids). shewolf spent another $60 on her bids. Suddenly, shewolf no longer was bidding. Instead, there were 3 bidders, 1 manual, and 2 autobidders.
What do I ascertain from this?
1. shewolf exists, but needs to learn math ($180 spent).
2. shewolf exists, understands math but needs some help from family and friends. maybe this person has an addicitive personality, I don't know but the person may want to consider counseling.
3. shewolf doesn't exist and is simply an account that beezid uses to push bid transactions.
I am leaning toward believing #3 but will continue to use/investigate beezid.com.
As other people have mentioned, as always BUYER BEWARE!!!
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/09/2011 06:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/beezid/internet/beezid-beezidcom-Something-seems-wrong-I-watched-an-account-shewolf410-bid-nearly-500-715886. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.