Complaint Review: Bel-Air Grooming

• Updated: Mon, August 19, 2013

• Reported By: Ruby — Findlay Ohio
Bel-Air Grooming
7187 Township Road 246 Findlay, Ohio USA

Bel-Air Grooming, Bel-Air kennels, Bel-Air boarding Not worth what they charge! Findlay Ohio

Bel-air grooming is also a dog kennel. I needed last minute boarding for my dog so I took him there. The woman who owns this does not actually listen to anything you say, she is too interested in just telling you what she thinks. I knew I was in for trouble when I left her a message Saturday night to see if they were open so I might be able to pick up my dog then instead of waiting until Sunday night. They were not open so I didn't think too much of it. Until the next morning I got a message from her letting me know I could come get my dog right then if I wanted, but she would charge me an extra $50 to get him outside of her normal operating hours. Okaaay... I didn't ask to get him outside of normal hours. If she had listened to my message she would've heard that I was just wondering IF they were open so I could get my dog.

Went to get my dog Sunday night and found out that she was also charging me for Sunday night. Her hours on Sunday are ONLY 5-6 so I had no other time I could've picked him up to not be charged for that night. I told her that seemed a little unfair since it was HER hours that prevented me from getting him earlier to avoid that charge and she flat out told me that she didn't have time to be at the kennel all day. She said it was more important to her to have a life outside of that kennel and to be with her family, NOT accommodate customers. Okaaay, why does she have this business then? And I never implied she should be there all day, just that she shouldn't charge me extra because of her hours. I told her I understood, but it was a little unfair. She went into a rant about me trying to pick up my dog early and my message I left Saturday night. I told her I never wanted to get my dog "early", I just didn't know her hours and that I was not talking about Saturday, I was talking about Sunday and the extra charge.

She absolutely could NOT comprehend what I was saying. The kicker was also that my dog chewed on his bed (he has NEVER done that before) and she had him out with other dogs (I would've NEVER ok'd that). I finally just told her to forget it because she was NOT understanding me and as I left out the door with my dog and 8 yr. old daughter I heard her make a nasty comment towards me. Real nice. I paid $110 for a 3 night stay and had to deal with complete crap from her. Not a good deal in my book.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/19/2013 11:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bel-Air-Grooming/Findlay-Ohio-45840/Bel-Air-Grooming-Bel-Air-kennels-Bel-Air-boarding-Not-worth-what-they-charge-Findlay-O-1077043. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bel-Air Grooming