Complaint Review: Ben Bridge Jewelers

• Submitted: Sat, December 30, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, August 19, 2008

• Reported By:San Diego California
Ben Bridge Jewelers
2901 Third Ave. Seattle, Washington U.S.A.

Ben Bridge - Fine Jewelry Sold me defective $7000.00 Rolex watch that stopped working four (4) days after purchase, then froze on date six (6) months later Had to send it back to Rolex Had watch nine (9) months, got six (6) months use Company tried to convince me it It was my fault El Cajon, California

*Author of original report: Ben Bridge Jewelers

Bought a Rolex Datejust wrist watch from Ben Bridge Jewelers for $7000.00 from the El Cajon, California, store. Four days after purchase, the watch stopped and I took it back to the store. The saleslady who sold me the watch accused me of not wearing it all the time to keep it wound and I said I only took it off for a couple of hours but wore it constantly otherwise. Somehow they got it working and suggested I buy a $190.00 watch winder to keep it wound. Less than six months later, the date froze up and I took it back and said keep it. I made a stink and the manager ordered me out of the store. They sent it back to Rolex for repair and said it will take a three month turn around which will give me six months use during nine months ownership.

Charlie
San Diego, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/30/2006 11:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ben-Bridge-Jewelers/Seattle-Washington-98121/Ben-Bridge-Fine-Jewelry-Sold-me-defective-700000-Rolex-watch-that-stopped-working-four-227941. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ben Bridge Jewelers

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Mike - (U.S.A.)

get papers served on the manager of the shop, he mite decide in your favor to avoide facing a court apperaence. ( most of these guys are low lifes anyway, selling worthless stuff at inflated prices)

#2 Consumer Suggestion

#3 Consumer Suggestion

Ben Bridge Jewelers

AUTHOR: Charlie - (U.S.A.)

I forgot to add that I wrote an extensive complaint letter to the corporate head, Jonathon Bridge, stating that I wanted a new watch, an updated model for which I would pay the difference, or a refund. They refused my demand and sent the watch back to Rolex for repair.