Complaint Review: Benefits USA - Consumer Health Care - Alliance Health

• Submitted: Wed, April 16, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, April 17, 2008

• Reported By:Waterford Michigan
Benefits USA - Consumer Health Care - Alliance Health
3150 N. 7th Street Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.

Benefits USA - Consumer Health Care - Alliance Health "slippery" representation, misleading information and misuse of legitimate companies = your money gone Phoenix Arizona

*Author of original report: More Information.

Due to extenuating circumstances, I needed to get decent healthcare, and i needed it quickly. My information was entered into a "reccomended" quote database that was linked from a legitimate self-employed healthcare advice site. Within minutes, they were one of several respondants. Most quotes fairly high as you can imagine, but through some advanced tactics of sounding just a little bit better, This company swayed me in their direction.

A rep called me named "Jamil" who was extremely clear, concise, and well-spoked. He uttered assurances that their polices were underwritten by AIG (apparently they have a health insurance area aside from auto and home) and that they were through the "Beech Street PPO" another known provider from my doctor's offices. They told me their benefits were as follows:

10/20/ 60% coverage for perscriptions.
70% doctors visits and Labs
free "wellness profile" and 2 dental clean/check visits for free
accident coverage with a low deductibles.

...all sounding just a little bit better than BCBS/Cobra/UHC quotes i had recieved, for a nice low $239/mo for myself and my spouse. even the underwriting fee was $15 cheaper. all just a little better, right? Well, so i thought. I had a bad feeling, but i was pressed and needed coverage asap for a reasonable cost. they refused my CC to cover the initial fees (this should have been a tell-tale sign for me, as REAL companies take CC for payment. Slime only accepts ACH/electronic check transactions) They recorded all my information, name, address, SS# account info. The guy even could do lookup on bank routing numbers. After recieving my "confirmation number" (that the guy didnt seem to want me to 'repeat' by phone prompt so i could write it down) he reffered me to their "members/claim hotline" which was the number listed here.

Upon calling this number, my paranoia resurfaced in full force. Who was "Member Benefits USA? I thought I was talking to 'Alliance Health'?" I wondered. I immediately went to their information teleprompt. I googled their information, got their website, and it seemed...spartan? A little too barebones, to be honest, I saw "member login" and "become a sales rep" wait, why would their front page have an express lane for a career opportunity with them? shouldnt that be buried in the corner? Finally, I keyed in the right buzzwords and it led me here, where i read another person who was smart enough to share. I had luckily (and ironically) had to delay my initial payment for a week so I could get money in the bank, but thanks to Sarah posting about these guys, within 12hours i got to my bank, reported them and their attempt to make a transaction later in the week, as well as changed ALL my account information.

I don't have much money to spend, and this saved me from flushing what little i have down the drain. If you ever hear "Member Benefits" as a company name in ANY form. HANG UP!

Bill
Waterford, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/16/2008 11:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Benefits-USA-Consumer-Health-Care-Alliance-Health/Phoenix-Arizona-85014/Benefits-USA-Consumer-Health-Care-Alliance-Health-slippery-representation-misleadin-326500. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Benefits USA - Consumer Health Care - Alliance Health

More Information.

AUTHOR: Bill - (U.S.A.)

I called them back the following morning, and for some inconceivable reason, their "claims line" doesnt have 24/7 office hours, or isn't even staffed at 0830 EST(GMT-5) with nobody to talk to, to respectfully decline their sevices prior to being charged, I did what anyone else would do. Leave voicemail... on several different extensions. Each services category on their menu tree only lead to a total of...2 personal phone extensions; a Mr. Bob Roundtree (this was what made me jump all over this as a scam, they had done something similar to my spouse almost 2 years ago involving a 'no/low-credit starter credit card' !!) their specific CLAIMS extension told me to send my info to an email address! sassy@wimg.net ? I cannot imagine that being someone's real, professional address, furthermore, their 'claims' voicemail box was full. Coincidence? I seriously doubt it. even small providers have more than one associate to handle claims, especially in a multi-state business. The more I dig, the more disgust i feel for myself and them, as I would ordinarily consider myself a cautious individual. anyone have the number for the Arizona Attorney General's office?
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC