Complaint Review: Benjamin Franklin Plumbing

• Submitted: Mon, June 08, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, June 12, 2009

• Reported By:fort worth Texas
Benjamin Franklin Plumbing
Red Oak Texas Fort . Worth, Texas U.S.A.
  • Phone: 817-784-1249
  • Web:
  • Category: Employers

Benjamin Franklin Plumbing, A shoddy company who does not pay their employees or keep up with their bookwork Fort Worth Texas

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Response to Shaun

*Author of original report: benjamin franklin plumbing

On may 30th 2009 I was terminated for what they say is insubordination . Yet, I have never in the two and a half years I have worked there have I ever been written up one time. Of course , "these are new owners " Who refuse to give me my last paycheck ! they say the Ex owner hasen't sent them the information they need which according to him he has faxed three times already.

So, Ive had to file with the labor bored .They lied to me saying a customer said they never wanted me back on their property again well I called the customer and found out that was a big fat lie The customer will vouch for me on that one. Do not work for this company ! Theve been known to have their payroll checks bounce at the bank.They also like to collect on 8,000 dollar jobs before the work is even finished.

Shaun1978
fort worth, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/08/2009 08:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Benjamin-Franklin-Plumbing/Fort-Worth-Texas-76114/Benjamin-Franklin-Plumbing-A-shoddy-company-who-does-not-pay-their-employees-or-keep-up-w-459845. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Benjamin Franklin Plumbing

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Response to Shaun

AUTHOR: Bfp-fw - (U.S.A.)

Benjamin Franklin of Fort Worth would never withhold pay from any employee regardless of the reason for their leaving our company. What this ex-employee is failing to mention is that he was loaned a sum of money and the agreement he signed states that if he leaves the company for any reason his final paycheck will be applied to the outstanding balance. As the new owners we were not a part of the arrangement made with the previous owner but we are obligated to abide by their agreement since we purchased the company. I made every effort to resolve this by trying to help him understand why he was not due anything despite his irate behavior. After several days of threats I no longer took his calls and called the police to notify of his threats. I have mailed via certified mail all records pertaining to his employment with us to help him understand how his final paycheck was applied.

We will gladly address any concern with the labor board or anyone else that wishes to contact us. In the years we have been in business we have never had a complaint from an employee or customer with BBB, Attorney General, Labor Board or anyone else. In fact, we have never had an employee quit working for us. We value all of our employees and we understand how important they are to the success of our business. This employee only worked with us for 2 months and clearly he is upset that his employmnent was terminated.

Despite the situation I wish this ex-employee the best of luck and hope that he finds a company to work for that he will be happy.

benjamin franklin plumbing

AUTHOR: Shaun1978 - (U.S.A.)

June 10th 2009 still not paid although did recieve a call threatening that I had one hour to remove my post now they have time to talk?! filed a complaint with the attornry general , labor board, If it takes six months or longer I dont care I will get my money.Its sad that in these hard economic times companies treat people so rotten.