Complaint Review: Bennett Medical Supplies

• Reported By: Tyler — Las Vegas Nevada
Bennett Medical Supplies
6125 S Valley View Blvd las vegas, Nevada USA

Bennett Medical Supplies Nebulizer Billed with 600% markup!! las vegas Nevada

My daughter was in need of a Nebulizer per her pediatrician.  We told them that we didn't need one because we had one from my son at home, and that the last time we got one we were charged $200.00 for it even though it is only worth $50.00 at most.

The nurse told me that you should have one for each child (for some crap reason) and that there is no way we would be billed for it.  She reassured me that it was all covered by insurance and that if they charged us to simply return the machine.

What do you know, we just got a bill 4 months later for $200.25 for a nebulizer.  The bill shows that it was normally a charge of $267.00, however the insurance told them to reduce it by $66.75 and the rest is to be applied to the deductable.  The identical product is listed online for $34.25.  That is a 780% markup!!

I called the billing company, Bennet Medical Services, to find out why the bill is so high. [continued below]....

.....  I was told, "that is what we charge for the item."  I told them that the product could be found online for $34.25, she responded that "everything could be found online for cheaper, this is how we make money."  To this, I asked her why they only charged $200.00 for it?   If they are dedicated to ripping off the consumers and insurance companies, why not charge $1000.00?  Why stop there?

Basically, Bennett Medical supplies finds it ok to rip off insurance companies to the tune of a 780% markup, and then the insurance only pays a normal amount, passes that bill along to the consumer.  What a joke, give a product to doctors to pass along the their patients.  Then send them a bill for $200.00 over what the product is worth and tell them that they will go to collections if they don't pay it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/05/2013 04:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bennett-Medical-Supplies/las-vegas-Nevada-89118/Bennett-Medical-Supplies-Nebulizer-Billed-with-600-markup-las-vegas-Nevada-1064707. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bennett Medical Supplies