Complaint Review: Bensalem Pet Center and Aquarium

• Updated: Mon, December 16, 2013

• Reported By: Annonymou — Bensalem Pennsylvania
Bensalem Pet Center and Aquarium
1921 Street Road Bensalem, Pennsylvania USA

Bensalem Pet Center and Aquarium Terrible Business All Around Bensalem Pennsylvania

I just purchased an ADORABLE lab puppy from Bensalem Pet Center & Aquarium last Saturday. The price I had to pay was outrageous but I fell in love with him so he was worth every penny AND still is. The very next day my puppy started to cough and gag. I made an appointment with the vet that the pet store "referred" me to. My puppy didn't even cough at the appointment, but he was quite to assume that he had kennel cough so he prescribed antibiotics and cough medicine. One word that describes this vet is VERY SEEDY! I later found out that he is the animal stores vet that check the animals.

Apparently he didn't check my puppy because this past weekend (Saturday) I took him to another vet to get checked cause he wasn't get any better, in fact he was getting worse.  Turns out he had PNEUMONIA! The vet couldn't tell me HOW he got so sick, but the vet and well as ALL of the techs ALL blamed the pet store. They thanked me for saving this puppy. They also advised that he may need to be hospitalized if his conditions don't get any better. They said it would be $1000 a NIGHT! I realized what my responsibilities would be as a dog owner but I didn't expect to have this issue NOW!

I went to the pet store to drop off the vet bills and they said I'd get reimbursed within 14 days and he then pinned up my bills with what looked like a stack of other vet bills from other owners. I didn't even get a SORRY! They actually looked annoyed!!

I am OUTRAGED and apparently a ton of other people have had the same issue with this place. I feel bad for ALL the animals in there. They all look sick. My puppy looked like he was the healthiest of the bunch, but apparently he wasn't. I just hope he recovers from this and will be a healthy puppy/dog for the rest of his life. I am in love with the dog and he is already extremely loyal. I feel so bad that he was in those conditions.

I hate to say to stay away from this pet store, but if those other dogs aren't purchased they will get sicker and sicker and if no one buys these animals they will be put down. It's just not fair. These animals are innocent and just want to be loved. If I had the money I would purchase ALL of them, get them better so they can be healthy and happy animals.

Someone needs to do something with getting those animals out of there and shut down that business OR at least never allow them to sell dogs ever again. The conditions in there are horrible.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/16/2013 07:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bensalem-Pet-Center-and-Aquarium/Bensalem-Pennsylvania-19020/Bensalem-Pet-Center-and-Aquarium-Terrible-Business-All-Around-Bensalem-Pennsylvania-1107333. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bensalem Pet Center and Aquarium