Complaint Review: Bernard Haldane, Brian T Lenihan

• Submitted: Fri, December 27, 2002
  • Updated: Fri, December 27, 2002

• Reported By:New Canaan Connecticut
Bernard Haldane, Brian T Lenihan
520 White Plains Road, Suite 500 Tarrytown, New York U.S.A.

Bernard Haldane Associates, Brian T. Lenihan rip-off did you give your ss# too? Tarrytown New York

I was invited in for a meeting with Bernard Haldane Assocs in Tarrytown, NY, after following up an ad in the Stamford Advocate (CT) on Sun, Dec 22.

I had my 'initial' meeting today. The offices were impressive as were the consultant's tombstone credentials which he allowed me to read while he excused himself for a couple of minutes. However, I was put off by his bad sales push and overuse of old buzz words. He even repeated the phrase 'time is money' five times during about a 5-minute period.

I was fortunate in that I was given a second questionnaire and literature to consider before returning for my 2nd interview, naturally with spouse. I was quoted the standard fee of 10% of current earnings but with discounted to $5900 because the consultant felt they would be able to find me a job sooner than for most jobseekers.

I couldn't wait to get out of the office and had no intention of returning. However, I related the experience to my husband who was horrified to learn that I had given so much personal information and pointed out that this could be a scam. In particular, he was concerned that I had given out my social security number. I was angry at my husband for suggesting I had fallen for a scam and immediately did an internet search.

Before searching for Haldane, I searched on the consultant - a Brian T Lenihan. I was shocked to learn that this man had been charged in 2000 with fraud and grand larceny while working as an investment advisor. He had received an 8-year prison sentence, suspended after 2 years, and had been banned by the SEC from working further as an investment advisor.

I will certainly be informing the Stamford Advocate as well as the CT State Attorney's Office.

However, is anybody else worried that they have given out their social security numbers plus personal information that might be used for fraudulent reasons. And could anybody please advise how I might prevent this data from being misused?

Lynda
New Canaan, Connecticut

CLICK HERE, You must read this!! ..Financial Post Article LINK - Haldane not up to the job ..exposing this company for what it really is - a huge scam

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/27/2002 05:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bernard-Haldane-Brian-T-Lenihan/Tarrytown-New-York-10591/Bernard-Haldane-Associates-Brian-T-Lenihan-rip-off-did-you-give-your-ss-too-Tarrytown-39322. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bernard Haldane, Brian T Lenihan