• Report: #1119989

• Updated: Fri, January 31, 2014

• Reported By: Victim of Bernardi & Spencer — Independence Oregon
Bernardi & Spencer
3331 SE Milwaukee Avenue Portland, Oregon USA

Bernardi & Spencer, First Select Corporation False lien filed against my home Portland Oregon

Two days ago (January 29, 2014) I recieved a threatening demand letter from Bernardi and Spencer for a debt I do not, and never have owed.  I found out this firm had placed a lien on my home in November 2013 for almost $9,000 on someone else's debt of $3,000 plus interest and "attorney fees", owed by someone with the same first and last name as mine.  The lien, filed in a different county, clearly shows a different SSN and Oregon Driver's license number than mine but with my name and address.  I was totally blindsided by this, I never would have known the lien was filed had they not informed me during a call returned by them.  They assured me that they would remove the lien and send me a letter of verification of such but I don't know what damage this will have cost my credit rating. It has caused my wife and myself untold anguish trying to fathom how something like this could happen.  At best, this is sloppy, predatory collection practice; at worst it is a scam to hide a lien on a debt I don't owe in hopes that, years from now there will be more interest and fees added at a time when I will be too old to fight them and in a hurry to sell.  Beware of both of these firms!  Check with your local title company or county records department to make sure thee people, or someone like them,  has not placed a lien against your property without you knowing it!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/31/2014 06:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bernardi-Spencer/Portland-Oregon-97202/Bernardi-amp-Spencer-First-Select-Corporation-False-lien-filed-against-my-home-Portlan-1119989. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bernardi & Spencer