Complaint Review: Bernie and Phyls

• Updated: Wed, March 05, 2014

• Reported By: Roxanne — Weymouth Massachusetts
Bernie and Phyls
180 Wood Rd braintree, Massachusetts USA

Bernie and Phyls Very poor quality and poor and deceiving service! braintree Massachusetts

Fourteen months ago my husband and I purchased a new leather living room set from Bernie and Phyl’s to replace the one we purchased from Jordan's furniture store (where we purchase most of our furniture) almost 20 years ago.  We heard a few good things and thought, “why not try a local growing business”.  The set was beautiful and the people there were so nice!  I notice a very noticeable spot where it appears the leather is peeling - with further inspection; I also notice some cracking in another leather cushion.

We were very surprise since the set was only 14 months old, but happy we purchased the extended warranty.  The service man can out and inspected the areas and told us the cracking in the cushion would be replaced but the “peeling of the leather was normal wear and tear!  My husband and I both work and do not have small children so the set gets little use in the evening.  We have spoken with the store repeatedly, the only solution was to pay for the replacement piece, and they will put it on for us. If this happened in fourteen months, I can only imagine what it is going to look like in another year or two.

In addition, we purchased the extended warranty under false pretense.  The nice gentleman told me it would cover cat claw marks which I did not believe him and he showed me the warranty and said see it does not say anything about damage from animals and guaranty me it was covered.  When I mentions to the technician why I bought the extended coverage, he told me it does not cover cat claws, which is under the “act of abuse”.  The man lied right to my face!   I have never purchased any warranty at Jordan's, as they have always stood by their furniture. Very poor quality, and poor; deceiving service!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/05/2014 11:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bernie-and-Phyls/braintree-Massachusetts-02184/Bernie-and-Phyls-Very-poor-quality-and-poor-and-deceiving-service-braintree-Massachuse-1128498. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bernie and Phyls