• Report: #1120140

Downing town, Pennsylvania USA

Best buy - downing town Return policy Downing town Pennsylvania

*Author of original report: Photo ID Required

*Consumer Comment: Huh?

I just tried to return two clock radio's.  I was taken back by the request to see my drivers license, why! I do not understand why someone needs anything but the receipt and credit card, if paid by credit card.  my return was not granted due to being over the the 15 day limit. I have gotten so use to being able to make returns that I lost it on the store and with a loud voice told everyone in the store about the 15 day return policy. The return policy was not listed on either the front or back of my receipt. I will no longer shop at this store or any best buy. I think I will not shop at any store that is asking for a drivers license when it has nothing to do with the purchase or return.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/01/2014 02:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Best-buy-downing-town/Downing-town-Pennsylvania-19335/Best-buy-downing-town-Return-policy-Downing-town-Pennsylvania-1120140. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Best buy - downing town

Photo ID Required

AUTHOR: Mike - ()

Just to be clear, they do list the 15 day return policy on the receipt, my mistake. I think a business has every right to run it the way they like. Regarding the Photo ID requirement, If someone has the product and receipt and the product was paid in cash, then ID should not be required. If Product was paid for using a credit card and a credit was being applied to the credit card, then ID should not be required. If paid by credit card and requesting cash, then I could see the need to match the card to the person. Yes I have noticed that this practice is COMMON, But does it make sense? We are all use to giving out information without question, but I believe this will come and bite us latter.

Huh?

AUTHOR: MochaG - ()

Not sure why you would think that all return policy or any detail must be presented on the receipt. Anyway, the return policy can easily be found on their website.

Oh they need to be able to identify WHO is asking for the return. A photo ID is a very COMMON practice when you deal with money transactions. In this case, it is a common sense (and for all other merchants) to verify that the person who claims to be the owner of the CREDIT CARD is really the person. If they did not ask for your photo ID when you paid with your credit card, then you are eligible to complaint. However, don't complaint when they need to verify your identity.