Complaint Review: Best Buy - HSBC Retail Services

• Updated: Sun, January 29, 2012

• Reported By: Christoher — Tulsa Oklahoma USA
Best Buy - HSBC Retail Services
P.O. Box 15521 Wilmington,, Delaware United States of America

Best Buy - HSBC Retail Services Best Buy Credit Card On time payment not credited timely - billing issues. Wilmington, Delaware

*Consumer Comment: Timely..Maybe Not

RE: billing & customer service issues: On time payment not credited timely. Failure to correct billing errors. Customer service issues.

I received my December billing statement showing a payment due of $25 on 1/22/2012 (Sunday).  I make my payments electronically through Bank of America. On Jan 18th, I setup my payment to be sent on Friday 1/20/2012 for it to arrive 1/21/2012.  I went online on 1/28/2012, to review my Best Buy/HSBC online statement and noticed that my payment was not credited until Monday 1/23, and I was being charged a late fee of $25!

I contacted my bank and was told that the payment arrived to BestBuy/HSBC Retail Services on 1/22.  I emailed BestBuy/HSBC credit card customer service inquiring and asking them to correct their mistake and with a response back stating they couldnt help me. I have had many problems in the past with Buy/HSBC Retail Services with my account not being credited with my payments and billing issues. ACCT# ending-9444.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/28/2012 08:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Best-Buy-HSBC-Retail-Services/Wilmington-Delaware-19850-5521/Best-Buy-HSBC-Retail-Services-Best-Buy-Credit-Card-On-time-payment-not-credited-timely-830446. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Best Buy - HSBC Retail Services

Timely..Maybe Not

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

I setup my payment to be sent on Friday 1/20/2012 for it to arrive 1/21/2012.
- The big question is how did you set this up?  It sounds like you set this up from your bank, which if that is the case then most likely you sent it too late.  Weekends and Holidays are NOT banking days, so you should be highly suspicious of your bank saying that the payment arrived on 1/22.  Unless they are saying it arrived in time for the overnight processing(Late Night Sunday) which would have been after the payment cut-off time to be processed on Sunday anyways.  This overnight processing would have had it arrive to be processed on Monday, which is exactly what happened.

So in this case it is unfortunately your mistake and you are responsible for the late fee.