Complaint Review: Best Buy

• Updated: Tue, April 15, 2014

• Reported By: MaMaMatt — Bonita California
Best Buy
2015 Birch Rd Ste 2300 Chula Vista, California USA

Best Buy Geek Squad Geek Squad Warranty - DON'T DO IT...They do NOT honor the replacement warranty! Chula Vista California

*Consumer Comment: The WRITTEN agreement spells out ALL the terms..

I purchased a smart phone from this store about a year and a half go long with the Geek Squad protection plan; the term "protection" I use loosely as I compose this complaint. When I purchased this "protecton" agreement, I was reassured by the sales rep that my new smart phone was "protected" from every type of loss and damage. Much to my disappointment I learned that this was further from the truth.

I visited this store yesterday to replace my smart phone because I accidentally dropped my smart phone into my swimming pool only to be informed that the Geek Squad protection plan does not cover "submersion". Okay, probably in hind sight as a customer, I should have further inquired about the terms and conditions of what the Geek Squad protection plan covered and what the plan did not  cover. Had I done so, I would have never wasted all of this money for an absolutely useless plan.

I contacted Geek Squad this morning to cancel my plan - no questions asked to me by the rep, no apologies, no attempt to keep me as a customer - no nothing other than to tell me that my plan was cancelled upon the phone call.

El caveat emptor: valuable lesson learned here; under any circumstances do not allow a Best Buy representtive talk you into purchasing a Geek Squad protection plan for a smart phone that you purchase through Best Buy. The "protection" plain will not  be honored.

Just buy the phone and go through your cell phone provider for insurance; do not waste your money with the Geek Squad "protection" plan! If you do, you will get ripped off in the same manner that I did.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/15/2014 04:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Best-Buy/Chula-Vista-California-91915/Best-Buy-Geek-Squad-Geek-Squad-Warranty-DONT-DO-ITThey-do-NOT-honor-the-replacement-1139137. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Best Buy

The WRITTEN agreement spells out ALL the terms..

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

It doesn't matter what you were told.  Have you even read it yet?

The reason for a WRITTEN contract is to not have "he said, she said."   Did they violate the terms of the written agreement?

If they did, report it to your states attorney general.  If they didn't, in the future be sure to read before paying.