Complaint Review: Best Buy

• Updated: Thu, February 27, 2014

• Reported By: Trinitystars — Tampa Florida
Best Buy
5947 Wesley Grove Blvd Wesley Chapel, Florida USA

Best Buy Geek Squad Sold me a damaged laptop, Geek Squad would not accept with 3 of the same issue repairs under warranty. They waited till the warranty ran out to say, "We can't help you, guess you will have to sell it, and literally laughed among themselves while I stood there with my laptop on their counter." Wesley Chapel Florida

I purchased Qosmio X305-Q705 back in July of 2009. I have wrote many reports about this laptop since the first week of purchase, with no help from either Best Buy or their Geek Squad. Upon purchasing this laptop, I bought $50 usb cooling fan along with a Geek Squad 3 year protection plan. Within the first week of bringing the laptop home the device had a blue screen. I brought the laptop in immediently the next day only to have it handed back to me the same day. The man behind the Geek Squad counter at the time did a test to check the laptop and he claimed everything was fine. This was the beginning of more issues to come with this laptop. The laptop literally, melted the $50 usb cooling fan.

I had to pry the usb cord out of the laptop after allowing the device to cool. I could not have this laptop on my lap either, because it would burn my legs or become so overheated it would shut off, so I ended up using this laptop as a desktop, which I originally purchased for school and gaming. I brought the laptop in a second time and they finally shipped it out. It came back with a confirmed issue stating the settings on the laptop were clocked and someone who worked at Best Buy, which was confirmed as well by the manager who was working there at the time said an employee played Halo 3 on the laptop.

I just purchased the thing and I couldn't play games on it because the graphics card would overheat from the clock being so high, which ruined the laptop. They refused to replace the laptop, after the second week of my purchase, even with a warranty. The laptop screen started to black out and make loud screeching sounds with light patterns blinking behind the screen. I unplugged the laptop out of complete frustration and brought it into Geek Squad. While it was on their table, plugged in having an episode in the store, turning customers head's, which embarrassed the f**k out of me. They took the laptop in, did the same graphics test and sent it in for repair. The laptop came back with the same issue, yet they refused to help me. I had to contact Toshiba personally to get them to help me.

Remember, this is week 2 of my purchase with a Geek Squad 3 year warranty. After bringing the laptop in over 4 times, I finally called Best Buy, stuck on the phone for nearly an hour, finally getting ahold of a manager, begging him to help me. He said, "I can't help you, even with your warranty." I asked him, "Why can't you help me? I have brought this in more than 4 times with the same issue and the warranty states that the laptop would be replaced because of this issue." He then said, "Not my problem, sell it." and LITERALLY, LAUGHED. I never have never purchased or stepped into another Best Buy since and I think they are the worst, company I have EVER been ripped off by. BUYER BEWARE!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/27/2014 02:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Best-Buy/Wesley-Chapel-Florida-33544/Best-Buy-Geek-Squad-Sold-me-a-damaged-laptop-Geek-Squad-would-not-accept-with-3-of-the-s-1126899. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Best Buy