Complaint Review: Best Moving Van Lines (DOT: 1778644)

• Submitted: Thu, January 28, 2010
  • Updated: Thu, January 28, 2010

• Reported By: Mike — San Antonio Texas United States of America
Best Moving Van Lines (DOT: 1778644)
1005 South 5th Street, San Jose, California 95112 San Jose, California United States of America

Best Moving Van Lines (DOT: 1778644) Dishonest, Unreliable, Unprofessional, STAY AWAY San Jose , California

I recently signed on with this company to move my stuff from California to Texas. The sales representative, Ryan, gave us a quote of 1400 for moving a two bedroom apartment. This was supposed to include "holding, packing, moving" services for 1400. When the movers arrived they had us fill out forms saying there was a 175 dollar charge for "warehouse holding" and additional charges that totaled 800 dollars for packing services.

I would have turned the company away but I was in a time crunch to get my stuff moved so I signed the forms. It wasn't smart on my part to agree to pay these things then try to dispute it later with the owners. But that is what I did.

The owners, Ben and Tony, hung up on my girlfriend when she called to complain. So I went to their warehouse and tried to talk to them and they told me that they didn't have the movers paperwork so there wasn't much to be done. Later that week we called them almost everyday to try and sort things out. Meaning what were we charged for exactly, where the truck was, how much did our stuff weigh, ect. Tony was the most present owner and he answered the majority of the calls. He told me I was wasting his time by calling him, and that I should just "trust" him to do his job.

I am a consumer with rights to be informed of the charges I am paying for. Tony seems to think that businesses should be able to charge what they think is "fair" and that his sales team and movers can make promises that they have no intention of keeping.

Once our stuff arrived the driver insisted that we gave him cash or a money order in his name so he can personally deposit it. On our contract it states that we can pay with a "certified check" which we had ready from our bank to pay him. But he would not give us our stuff until we paid him. So we had to go out again and get another money order with his name on it.

Our stuff arrived damaged, ripped, scratched, bent, broken, and some stuff didn't make it at all. Some of our bags were ripped open, taped back up, and missing items of clothing including a snow boarding jacket worth 300 dollars. We are currently filing a claim for lost or damaged goods but will only get 58 cents a pound for what we lost.

This company was a complete nightmare. We spent countless hours just trying to get a hold of them only to spend 80% of the time arguing with them about why we insist on bothering them with questions. The delivery company said that all moving companies are bad. And that may be the case because this is just my first experience with one.

Either way I insist you should STAY AWAY from Best Moving Van Lines.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/28/2010 10:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Best-Moving-Van-Lines-DOT-1778644/San-Jose-California-95112/Best-Moving-Van-Lines-DOT-1778644-Dishonest-Unreliable-Unprofessional-STAY-AWAY-San-561643. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Best Moving Van Lines (DOT: 1778644)