forests

• Updated: Tue, June 18, 2013

• Reported By: Afraid of retaliation — Wilmington North Carolina
Best Repairs
Southport Southport, North Carolina USA

Best Repairs Sold me a piece of junk lawnmower, cursed me out when I called. Southport North Carolina

*Author of original report: Go on Craigslist!!!

*Consumer Comment: A comment

*Author of original report: Verbal guarantee

*Consumer Comment: question

Contacted Joseph with Best Rentals through Craiglist ad on Saturday, 6/15/13. Worked out a delivery for a refurbished lawnmower on 6/16/13. Joseph assured me it was a steal, works fine, and he stands by his work.

Lawnmower was delivered as planned. The delivery person cranked it up and showed us that the self-propelled mechanism works. Great. Put the mower in the shed and went on about our day.

Monday morning, I go out to mow the lawn with my handy-dandy new-to-me lawnmower, and the cable that runs the front wheel drive is stretched or broken, so the self-propelled mechanism will not work. Called Joseph. No return call. Called Joseph two more times. Never heard from him.

Tuesday morning, I called Joseph from a different number and got him on the phone. He informed me it would be $30 to come out to my house to look at the peice of junk he sold me, and the parts would be extra. When I reminded him of his "guarantee," he told me, loudly, that he was going to hang up the phone and the conversation would be over. I informed him that I would do my best to make sure everyone knew about this, he cursed me out, told me to suck his (use your imagination) and called me an old (female anatomy.) The tirade only stopped when somebody took the phone from him and hung it up.

Joseph is, at best, a dishonest salesman. Don't buy a thing from him!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/18/2013 08:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Best-Repairs/Southport-North-Carolina-28409/Best-Repairs-Sold-me-a-piece-of-junk-lawnmower-cursed-me-out-when-I-called-Southport-N-1059961. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Best Repairs

Go on Craigslist!!!

AUTHOR: Afraid of retaliation - ()

Write a post on Craigslist--SO many people have now come out and done the same thing, after I posted there. He is such a crook! AND he is still advertising under mower repair on Craigslist.

A comment

AUTHOR: JustMe - ()

According to the phone number you listed on this company it is the SAME company I filed a report on here just a few days before you did. I wish both of our reports could had been on the same page about this company. You have yours listed under Best Repairs and mine is under Best Repair but it is the same phone number so can only assume it's the same company.

The only place other than here I found to write a review on this company was at a local yahoo web page and somehow my main comment disappeared. I reported it to yahoo by email but never heard back. It appears there is some of my comments there that was under my main comment but I don't see my main comment. Of course they tried to discredit my review at that web page but I feel I have enough proof to show it is the same company that in my opinion rips us off!!

I am sorry this happened to you!! I also responded to this company through their ad on craigslist.

Verbal guarantee

AUTHOR: Afraid of retaliation - ()

There was a verbal guarantee. I spoke with this man twice on the phone and he presented himself as an honest business man who "stands behind his work." With that assurance, I purchased his product. Like I said, he is at best, dishonest. He lied. He tried to make me pay MORE money to get the defective product he sold me to work. Then he cursed me out. NOT how you want to treat people purchasing items from you.

The legality of the transaction is not in question; this is not a courtroom. This is a true representation of what happened to me when I did business with this person. If I wanted to sue him, then I would be consulting an attorney.

question

AUTHOR: coast - ()

"When I reminded him of his 'guarantee'..."

What are the terms of the written guarantee?