• Report: #201869

• Submitted: Wed, July 19, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, July 20, 2006

• Reported By:turner Maine
Best Way Auto Transport
463 Union Ave Westbury, New York U.S.A.

Best Way Auto Transport ripoff breech of contract thieves no customer service, auto transport Westbury, New York

*Consumer Suggestion: This is what you need to do

I hired these people for door to door delivery of my 72 camaro. First they got my business by sending me a email that said they could pick-up my car on the day I requested and maybe give me a discount.

First of all after I signed the contract and gave them $200 deposit they still said they would get my car on 6-08-06 as promised. After 6-8 went by I called and they said read your contract, it says 7-10 days for pick-up. I told them you promised to pick it up on 6-8 that is the only reason i picked you. It doesn't matter read your contract!

They finally picked it up on 6-19, but it was M&E transport from california. I called bestway and they said we are just a broker. (Beware of brokers) To make a long story short, I finally get my car on the road, and i get a call saying i need to pick my car up in worcestor mass. 4 hours away. I told the driver i paid for door to door service. He said I'll have to call you back.(this is7-2-06)

He calls me back and says we aren't licensed to carry into maine, you need to come to worcestor and pick it up. The car is 1972 camaro not registered on insured. This is the 4th of july weekend so i couldn't call bestway there is no one there.

I had to find a car trailer and drive for 4 hours each way and pick up my car. It cost me $110 in fuel $15 in tolls and 8 hours of my time. On 7-5-06 i called bestway and they said they would have to get back to me. On 7-11-06 i called again and beth said that shelly would get back to me today! The customer service at bestway has got to be the worst i have ever seen in my life! RUDE RUDE RUDE

Anyways, after several emails back and forth beth finally said shelly would credit my account $50 I told her that it cost me at least twice that and she came back and said $50 final offer.

This is BS these people should be forced to close, they lie, cheat and steal. These are all the things you are taught not to do well growing up. It is companies like this that give auto transporters bad names. They breeched there contract and what can I do about it? Please take my advise and do not engage in any type of buisness with these people. I would not hire them to move anything not even human waste. Very Pissed Off.

Troy
Turner, Maine

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/19/2006 09:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Best-Way-Auto-Transport/Westbury-New-York-11590/Best-Way-Auto-Transport-ripoff-breech-of-contract-thieves-no-customer-service-auto-transp-201869. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Best Way Auto Transport

#1 Consumer Suggestion

This is what you need to do

AUTHOR: Dave - (U.S.A.)

I buy and sell classic cars all the time, and usually use just 1 shipping company, but there have been times I have tried others and had problems.

All you have to do is to dispute the $200 deposit with the credit card company. They were in breach of contract, therefore you are entitled to your money back. You paid cash to the driver, so that is not recoverable, but your deposit sure is, and that should at least pay for the gas and trailer.