Complaint Review: bestbuy store 270 two notch

• Reported By: mark — columbia South Carolina USA
bestbuy store 270 two notch
7006 two notch rd columbia, South Carolina United States of America

bestbuy store 270 two notch warranty repair ripoff columbia, South Carolina

I purchased a gateway nv55c laptop from bestbuy   about 1 month later I took it in foir service since they do the manufacture warranty   but I turned it on and nothing it was completey dead   so I took it to send it off about 1 week later they called me and said that it was going to cost me $387.00 to fix they said there was liquid damage , keys  missing , power connector damaged , casing around lcd scrteen cracked  and motherboard was damaged from water damage   I told them to send it back unrepaired   when I got it back there was no keeys missing  or any signs of damage  so I contacted gateway to setup a repair so I sent it in then I got it back repaired and working no damage at all   bestbuy was just trying to screw me out of almost $400.00 for a repair that is covered under warranty  beware  if you have a computer under manufacture warranty and they have to send of  then just send it to the manufacture  for the repair because they will try to screw you out of alot of money on a repair that should be covered   I even took a copy of the repair report that that bestbuy store just to let  them know and they didnt seem to care  no appoligy or anything

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/16/2011 11:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/bestbuy-store-270-two-notch/columbia-South-Carolina-29223/bestbuy-store-270-two-notch-warranty-repair-ripoff-columbia-South-Carolina-741526. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on bestbuy store 270 two notch