Complaint Review: bestbuywon.com

• Updated: Sun, July 08, 2012

• Reported By: Maxie — Athens Wisconsin United States of America
bestbuywon.com

bestbuywon.com mobile phone scam , Internet

I checked my messages on my cell phone and got 2 messages from a site called bestbuywon.com. I was informed that I should go to the website and enter my winning code:5555 for a $1000.00 gift card. When I went to the site and entered my "WINNING" code I was re-directed to a site for a free $1000.00 gift card from WalMart.  That site then led me to my computer security page which informed me this site was a threat and promptly blocked it!!! To anyone who gets the same message on their phone, ignore it!! or better yet: DELETE it and report it to your local authorities!! It's a SCAM and the REAL Best Buy is investigating it!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2012 03:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/bestbuywoncom/internet/bestbuywoncom-mobile-phone-scam-Internet-908537. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on bestbuywon.com