Complaint Review: Beta Accesories (Boca Town Center Mall)

• Submitted: Tue, December 24, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, December 24, 2013

• Reported By: Steve K — Boca Raton Florida
Beta Accesories (Boca Town Center Mall)
6000 Glades Rd Boca Raton, Florida USA

Beta Accesories (Boca Town Center Mall) Scam Artist - Damaged my watch and lied about it, then tried to sell me repair service Boca Raton Florida

I recently had an experience at Beta Accessories kiosk in Town Center Mall that I would like to bring to your attention as it has become known to me that many people including myself have had a problem with this owner and my last straw broke today.

I spent 6 months trying to acquire a Seiko watch that no longer exists. After a ton of effort and many dollars spent, all I needed was the watch to be polished so it could finally be given to a family member.
I dropped it off in the morning and came back in the afternoon to pick it up. Problem is that the watch face had been damaged while at Beta Accesories. I confronted the owner about it and he said it was impossible that he caused the damage. Problem for him, and the reason I will be dealing with him legally is that I had taken pictures of the watch the day before and a week before to show family members and the damage was not present in either set of photos. I showed the photos to the owner as well and he couldn't care. In fact he wanted to charge me hundreds of dollars to repair the damage he caused. He did not even offer a refund for the cleaning. A measly 20 dollars. It is clear that he is a scam artist that is not willing to take responsibility for his shoddy work. In fact it probably isnt shoddy work as much as it is that he damaged it on purpose. Buyers Beware! There are much better places in Town Center Mall to buy watches and have them repaired. This owner is a rip off artist without a doubt.

I should have read all the other complaints about him before taking my watch to him. That is my fault and I paid the price!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/24/2013 05:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Beta-Accesories-Boca-Town-Center-Mall/Boca-Raton-Florida-33431/Beta-Accesories-Boca-Town-Center-Mall-Scam-Artist-Damaged-my-watch-and-lied-about-it-1109724. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Beta Accesories (Boca Town Center Mall)