Complaint Review: beverly & tom jenkins

• Updated: Thu, December 13, 2012

• Reported By: bridget — mount pleasant Michigan United States of America
beverly & tom jenkins
23427 Highway 16. Keosauqua, Iowa United States of America

beverly & tom jenkins Thomas and Beverly Jenkins 23427 Highway 16. puppy mill con artists Keosauqua, Iowa

I bought puppies from beverly via puppyfind.com (this isnt about puppyfind.com just beverly) i just tried to find her again on this site and now she doesnt have info available publicly unless you are a puppyfind.com member which i assume you have to pay for- no thank you i already was scammed out of $1,500 because of this issue, i dont want to contribute any more money.........

late august of this year 2012 I wanted and eventually purchased
"sister" "toy" american eskimos......the breeder i found was beverly jenkins from winter acres or something....(which now doesnt exist, she is now only found through cedar retreat kennels) i called her to ask about puppies and she gave me a falsified last name .....of which im blanking right now. After talking to her for well over an hour, i was confident that i wanted to buy puppies from her. She seemed to be an extremely nice, talkative breeder- so she sent me some pics of the available puppies, i specified that i wanted sisters. [continued below]....
..... So once i got the pics via email i just asked her to pick her favs and i would trust her judgement. We had regular correspondance via calls, texts, emails for over a month. Then when they were old enough to come home we couldnt wait to pick them up in person instead of having them shipped. She was elated and so excited to meet me.

We are from michigan (she suggested we rent a car bc my minivan was horrid on gas milage) rented a car and drove all the way (13+ hours) to the address that she lists on puppyfind.com (not blaming the site for anything just bev and tom)...... but once we got close my maps app on my iphone kept taking us in circles-because the address didnt exist. i called her and she "rescued us" by meeting us at a nearby gas station. our puppies were given to us without a crate which was included in their price- she reluctantly gave us the filthy laundry basket that they were transported in........
i was under the guise that she was an actual breeder- i had kept in regular contact with her for over a month- and even researched her name when we first bought the puppies online to see that she was reputable
- beverly toy american eskimos iowa-
and was relieved that she wasnt beverly jenkins- con artist and puppy mill owner-
we met her, and she said her full name upon introduction and introduced her husband- tom- whos arm was covered in scars- i was so exhausted from the trip and ecstatic about our new babies that it didnt occur to me that this was the same woman i had read horror stories about earlier in august-.........
it wasnt until i was 2 hours away from home that my gut just had an icky feeling and i asked my boyfriend
"do you think they came from a puppy mill?"
he asked why and i just said that things werent adding up about convos we had previously had, the imaginary house address, the condition of the laundry basket........the fact that it WAS a laundry basket, she had mentioned earlier that week how she was so stressed bc "one of her females was ready to give birth" and she also said upon out arrival that their papers were going to be sent to me in the mail because she had made mistakes filling them out so she had to do them again (.......the papers were just sent to me mid november and we picked up the puppies sept 29th, paid for them in full in late august. there was no excuse for her lack of papers the day of pick up..........when we finally received the akc papers they stated that they were both born aug 8th. Their mother and father (with extremely ridiculous formal names) were also listed.........i breathed a sigh of relief & thought "thank god, at least she was honest about something.....they are sisters and pure bred!" )

At 27, this was my first pet purchase on my own......my family has purchased pure bred dogs with real reputable bloodlines/backgrounds and real akc papers from real breeders my entire life, and this whole situation just seemed different than anything we had ever been through before.

So after my gut feeling on the car ride home i started re-researching.......upon performing the search on my iphone, i saw the name, and BAM. Beverly and tom jenkins. Puppy mill owners and con artists. The same people i saw before.........but this time.........i knew these were the people who sold my babies to me. all because during puppy pick up she let her last name slip out, and i finally was introduced to her hubby.  a few weeks later "beverly jenkins" sent us a question via paypal and there was no denying it. It made such sense. The puppies were SOOOOO malnourished, dehydrated, afraid, and lethargic......I know its stressful for a puppy to come to a new home, but this was different. It was as if they had been abused. And to this day- if autumn (normally so friendly & loving) sees a woman with beverly's build she yelps like shes being attacked and runs to me........last time it happened was a few nights ago and she didnt stop shaking for about an hour until she fell asleep.

present day.........the plot thickens
two days ago we took autumn and luna to the vet for worming and shots, and were met with questions by an extremely skeptical experienced and knowledgable veteranarian.
she asked us why we thought they were sisters- to which we responded that thats what we were told
and she clarified "you said these were toy american eskimos?"
we hesitantly responded "yes"
"well, these are NOT toys. these arent even miniatures. and in no way are they sisters, nor are they even from the same litter, and in no way did they come from the same mother."
she went in back and brought back some facts. Toys are 6-10 lbs and miniatures are 12-15 lbs-
Luna was already 10.0 lbs with all her baby teeth and autumn was well over 15 lbs with a few adult teeth growing in. She told us that these two pups were born weeks apart. and that they are definitely standard american eskimos, who can weigh up to 35 lbs.

this morning i texted beverly telling her these cold hard facts that the vet told us, and told her that i didnt want to involve outside parties, i asked her to rectify the situation because this isnt the size variation of american eskimo that we had agreed upon, nor were they sisters-
she responded with "who is this wrong number"
i replied that i hadnt edited her contact info at all, redifined who i was-
she texted back "wrong number"

I love my puppies more than any human being they are my life- but i feel like she should give me some sort of compensation for- well out and out lying to me.
does anyone know what i can do?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/13/2012 05:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/beverly-tom-jenkins/Keosauqua-Iowa-52565/beverly-tom-jenkins-Thomas-and-Beverly-Jenkins-23427-Highway-16-puppy-mill-con-artists-981395. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on beverly & tom jenkins