Complaint Review: Beyond.com

• Submitted: Sat, September 21, 2013
  • Updated: Sat, September 21, 2013

• Reported By: Roger — Winchester Kentucky
1060 First Ave, Suite 100 King of Prussia, Pennsylvania USA

Beyond.com - Signed up to search for jobs and started receing tons of fake calls Pennsylvania

A family member referred me to this site to apply for a couple of jobs that were coming open in a large metro area close to where I live.  I signed up for an account and over a 1 - 2 day period, I completed some of my profile. I was able to search for jobs but never actually applied.

My biggest problem was the influx of random and sometime fake phone calls I started receiving. I'm very careful about when to give out my phone number and it was only a matter of days after signing up for this website that I started receiving calls from all over the country, from far and distant area codes and a few phone numbers were something like (603) 000-0000, which is obviously a spoofed call of some sort.

I have since deactived my account on Beyond.com and hope that you can find better job search providers like linkedin.com, careerbuilder.com, indeed.com, and others.

Like others have said, it seems like a data mining site that collects your info to sell and in the mean time tries to sell you job-searching services like resumé building.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/21/2013 08:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Beyondcom/King-of-Prussia-Pennsylvania-19406/Beyondcom-Signed-up-to-search-for-jobs-and-started-receing-tons-of-fake-calls-Pennsylv-1086259. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Beyond.com