Complaint Review: Bidcactus

• Updated: Tue, February 18, 2014

• Reported By: Jeff — Port Saint Lucie Florida
Bidcactus
191 Post Rd W Westport, Connecticut USA

Bidcactus Slow shipping, false advertising/misrepresentation, poor product selection, poor customer service, products not received Westport Connecticut

*Author of original report: Customer service is now closed???

I have been a Bidcactus customer for about two years.  The products and the way the site is run has changed substantially to the point where I am considering leaving the site/no longer doing business with this company.  The site used to sell gift cards that were a reasonable value/high USEFUL value (gift cards worth $50 - $200 at times for places worth using them at).  I used the site for about six months back in 2012 and didn't do half bad.  I left the site in December after they started having significant delays in shipping my orders.  It used to be back in the beginning you would win auctions and, like clockwork, they would be shipped the following week and it would take no more than two to three weeks to receive your order in most cases.  Near the end of 2012 it got to the point where I won gift cards and it would take them two to three MONTHS to make good on my purchases.

After leaving the site, I returned a year later (left in December 2012 and returned almost exactly a year to the date in December 2013).  The site has changed SUBSTANTIALLY.  The company is selling bids left and right and gift cards worth maybe $10 - $100 TOPS which now come bundled with yet MORE bids.  The price for bids has gone down with their "Free to Bid" auctions but now that they are selling nothing but bids the costs for the actual items they do sell have sky rocketed and the savings have gone down substantially.

As it stands right now (January 18, 2014) I am still waiting for the delivery of items I won as far back as mid-December which is when I returned to the site (I have not received a single item since the time I returned to their site).  This goes for both physical items as well as the e-mail gift cards they are now selling that state they will be delivered in five business days.  I have received nothing from them at all and my order statuses for every item states that it is still pending.  The only items I HAVE received are....... bids from the bid packs I purchased through their free to bid auctions as well as the bids that came bundled with the items I won.  Due to the excessive amount of bids that people have, I have seen many cases where two members go at it for an extended period of time and an item ends for MORE than the item is actually worth.  It is mainly a contest of "who's got the most bids" around there lately and I am not pleased.  I am starting to wonder if the company is slowly going out of business.

If anyone from Bidcactus reads this, please reconsider the way you are conducting business as you are starting to have some VERY unsatisfied customers and are starting to lose some long time loyal customers such as myself.  As I previously communicated to your customer service division, STOP SELLING SO MANY BIDS LEFT AND RIGHT AND FOCUS ON SELLING BETTER ITEMS SUCH AS THE ONES YOU USED TO SELL A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/18/2014 03:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bidcactus/Westport-Connecticut-06880/Bidcactus-Slow-shipping-false-advertisingmisrepresentation-poor-product-selection-poo-1116530. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bidcactus

Customer service is now closed???

AUTHOR: Jeff - ()

As of about two weeks ago, customer service for this site seems to have closed.  When attempting to call this company during normal business hours multiple times on multiple days, I (as well as many others) are now receiving the after hours automated message saying to call back during regular business hours and the company is no longer responding to e-mails.  Despite being very hesitant to consider escalating this matter, I am at the point where I want my money back and preferably for the actual value of the items I won, not just the auction end price plus S&H.  Additionally, I won many auctions for "voucher bids" which the company claims are nonrefundable in their terms and conditions but if they are no longe operating/no longer going to be shipping items I feel that the cost for their "voucher bids" should be refunded as well.

The company has long since stoo by their story of "shipping delays" for all of the items won which span back as far as a year or more for some users.  That alone is unacceptable but now that their customer service is closed I have pretty much given up hope of reaching someone who will be able to refund my money and close my account on their site.

This site would make for a good class action considering the nmber of very pssed consumers all over the Internet at this point, some of which are waiting for thousands of dollars of merchandise not received.