Complaint Review: Big Boy Toys in Oxon Hill Maryland

• Submitted: Fri, March 18, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, March 25, 2011

• Reported By: Sid — Fort Washington Maryland United States of America
Big Boy Toys in Oxon Hill Maryland
6210 Oxon Hill Road, Oxon Hill Md 20744 Oxon Hill, Maryland United States of America

Big Boy Toys in Oxon Hill Maryland Sliiiiced UP Oxon Hill, Maryland

*Consumer Suggestion: Actually 2

*General Comment: Nice Ronny

*Consumer Comment: Actually..

*General Comment: 35 psi is fine

*Consumer Comment: Jims riceburner is STUPID!

*Consumer Comment: You're running the tires with low pressure

I ordered some wheels off line and I had bent rims that had tires on them that were still good. I called Big Boy Toys and asked them if they could take the tires off of the old wheels and put them on the new wheels. I was informed Jaheed that he could do it for $100. I load my tires and wheels up and off to Big Boy Toys.

I get there, I inform them about the conversation, I had on the phone. The gentleman says he needs the keys to my truck and he would take them in the back and they would transfer the tires. I am watching television and I am asked to come to the back and I am shown that there are cuts in my tires. It was dark in the back so I really couldnt see. I was informed that if the tires were taking off they were be destroyed and wouldnt be usable. However, I brought a third tire.

I was told that they had the tire and it would be $200 for another 255/30/22, I was in a rush so I wanted the tires mounted on the rim. [continued below]....
..... So they mount the tires and when I get home in the light I notice clean cut marks around the the tires. I am like whoa, there is no way that I could have driven over anything or that the tire could have been damaged like that from driving.

So in short they destroyed my tires and I had to buy another tire from them or I had to buy a tire. I couldnt go back and tell them they did it because they would have sworn they didn't. They got my $306.00, I just hope someone reads this and think twice before spending your money with them. I called and they gave me a price for a service I gave them the amount that they asked for and they do something shady like this. Please be aware of this business.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/18/2011 02:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Big-Boy-Toys-in-Oxon-Hill-Maryland/Oxon-Hill-Maryland-20745/Big-Boy-Toys-in-Oxon-Hill-Maryland-Sliiiiced-UP-Oxon-Hill-Maryland-707806. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Big Boy Toys in Oxon Hill Maryland

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Actually 2

AUTHOR: mr. rik - (United States of America)

It appears the op did have these on a truck-

"The gentleman says he needs the keys to my truck and he would take them in the back and they would transfer the tires."

Of course with all the sweet pictures thrown in it was easy to be thrown off track.

I may stand corrected on the tires, Im not a tire guy, but seeing as how my ten speed takes about 80 psi, and this wheel/tire setup more resembles a 10 speed than an actual vehicle, I may be guilty of overthinking this one.

#2 General Comment

Nice Ronny

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

The OP does not have these on a truck. I know the truck manufacturers sell them. Since he has a CAR, I was referring to CARS. Trucks also have 4, 5, and 6 inch exhaust systems. Cars do not.

I did not realize I still had to be this literal.

Thanks for once again being Captain Obvious.

BTW...The hideous Monte Carlo is not the OP's either. Being from Ft Washington, his car more likely resembles the other picture he provided with the cardboard add-ons.

Actually..

AUTHOR: Ronny g - (USA)

Tire pressure aside...I want to make sure the info is accurate..

As retarded as the picture in the first reply of that Monte Carlo is there are no worries of tires touching the fenderwells.

Regarding this post what the OP fails to mention...is the type of vehicle or any pictures so we can see the clearance for ourselves. The OP is NOT complaining of ride quality, but accusing the shop of damaging the tires while removing and replacing them onto other wheels.

If these 22's were stuffed onto a low riding ricer or domestic, then yes..I would say there is a chance the damage could be from fender contact.

As far as the statement...

"Ever wonder why no vehicle manufacturer anywhere puts those things on anything they sell?"

Not accurate. I know for a FACT Ford..which is certainly to be considered a vehicle manufacturer did use 22" rims on some special optioned F-150s..http://www.sportruck.com/news/2008-Harley-Davidson-Ford-F150/index.htm

I also believe GM used 22's as an option on the 2007-2011 Cadillac Escalade.
Chrysler "Dodge" used 22's on the SRT-10 made from 2004-2006

Granted these are trucks and not cars but regardless I don't think the kind of person who would consider 22" rims and low profile tires is very concerned about ride quality. If so..then yes...stupid (or ignorant) is the best way to define it.

#4 General Comment

35 psi is fine

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Tire pressure has nothing to do with the size of the tire. It has everything to do with the construction of the tire, and the load it must carry.

Pounds per square inch(the pressure inside the tire) does not change depending on the sidewall dimensions. A 20 series tire(load range D) with 35psi  has exactly the same carrying capacity as an 80 series(load range D) tire with 35psi in it.

Neat picture though. It took someone way too much time to make the add-ons.

And yes...the 22 inch "dubs" are stupid. I am always amazed when someone puts those on a car and them complains about the ride quality, or the tires getting torn up by the fenders. Which is more than likely the cause of the tears in the sidewalls.

Jims riceburner is STUPID!

AUTHOR: mr. rik - (United States of America)

Low pressure couldve caused this.  But that is not your fault, it is jaheeds for not putting enuff in when he mounted the tires.

Just like when an oil change place doesnt put the oil back in your car.

I think Jim is misinformed, 35 psi might be enough air for his little riceburner.  But if you got bigass wheels and a low profile tire like that, you may wanna put in a little more to keep them babies from scrapin the ground

Start a jihad on jaheed!

You're running the tires with low pressure

AUTHOR: Jim - (U.S.A.)

Low pressure will cause rips like these. Pump them up to 35Psi and they'll be fine.

By the way 22 In rims are stupid.