Complaint Review: Big Business Kennels

• Updated: Sun, June 16, 2013

• Reported By: Teresa — Oklahoma
Big Business Kennels
3136 SE Humboldt St Topeka, Kansas USA

Big Business Kennels Used pictures of a dog that was not his own for a stud service & once he received the stud fee he said the dog was dead. Topeka Kansas

Thomas Totten advertised a stud dog named Notorious Boss. I paid a stud fee of $1,000 and complied with all requests Mr. Totten had in reference to an artificial insemination breeding. I paid $1,000 via PayPal around March 21 2013, took my bitch to a reproductive service vet, had a brucellosis test, up to date vaccinations, pictures, pedigree, and so on. On May 30th 2013 I contacted Thomas Totten of Big Business Kennels to let him know that my bitch had not yet gone into season. He replied by saying "Ok. But I'm sorry to inform you, boss died on the 19th. Bred with a female whom i thought was up to date on vaccination.." He offered me a Boss puppy in return. I asked if Boss was the sire, and he assured me that he was. Upon further research, I found that Boss was not the sire of the litter he was offering me a puppy from, but the sire was LEASHCANDY'S G-K STYLES

.....bullypedia.net/americanbully/details.php?id=117137" target="_blank">http://www.bullypedia.net/americanbully/details.php?id=117137 . When I notified him and informed what I had learned he informed me that both Boss and GK had "tied up" with his female. He had a DNA profile proving Boss was the sire of some of the puppies in the litter. I later found out that this was NOT true. Boss never died, and is very much alive in California with his owner producing AMAZING litters. I contacted the owner of Boss and told him the situation and asked him if he could provide proof that Boss was his. Boss's owner gladly sent me pictures of the dog along with proof of his ownership. The owner of Boss also informed me that "Boss has never been collected for artificial insemination... Never." I contacted Thomas Totten and informed him with what I had learned and asked for a refund. Mr. Totten said he "don't do refunds".  Thomas Totten injects his dogs with hormones that cause them to go into heat so he can breed the crap out of them like a puppy mill (A low quality one at that).  He had ads up for dogs claiming they have "never had a litter" when in fact they have.  Thomas Totten uses the BAIT-AND-SWITCH tactic to reel people in.  He advertises great looking dogs that have great blood lines, and takes people’s money.  Once their dog is in season and in need of the stud, he claims the dog they paid for is dead.  He then offers one of his ratty, over used dogs up as a stud. When he offered LEASHCANDY'S G-K STYLES to use as a stud, I DECLINED.  I am out over $1,000, but I am not putting my female at risk to breed with his overused stud dog.  Thomas Totten is an un-ethical breeder.  He breeds for profit, not for quality. Thomas also claims to be a criminal justice major and plans to work on the Federal level.  I'm not sure if this is just a part of his game or what, but if it is true, by committing fraud he has lost any and all chances at working on the Federal level, and even state for that matter.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/30/2013 11:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Big-Business-Kennels/Topeka-Kansas-66605/Big-Business-Kennels-Used-pictures-of-a-dog-that-was-not-his-own-for-a-stud-service-on-1055205. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Big Business Kennels