planetary

• Submitted: Mon, November 12, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, March 27, 2010

• Reported By:Pocatello Idaho
Big Dog Satellite
1065 Yellowstone Pocatello, Idaho U.S.A.

Big Dog Satellite A.ka. Dish Network hidden $700 dollar cancellation charge Pocatello Idaho

*Consumer Suggestion: Read the contract before you sign!

*UPDATE Employee: Big Dog

Basically Signing up for Big Dog Satellite, you signed 2 contracts. I only knew of one. The contract states that if you cancel the service early they will charge you $350 dollars.

Well, I had an situation that I had to move on, and move to another city, the company will follow you and still want their service run. I didn't want the service, since I don't need them. I accept the 350 charge and moved on.

Later, I found out that I paid for the Dish Network part, but not Big Dog Satellite. They charged my account with yet $350 dollar, when I plan to send back the dish equipment. So, there 700 bucks I have to pay.

Daniel
Idaho Falls, ID
Pocatello, ID

Daniel
Pocatello, Idaho

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/12/2007 02:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Big-Dog-Satellite/Pocatello-Idaho-83201/Big-Dog-Satellite-Aka-Dish-Network-hidden-700-dollar-cancellation-charge-Pocatello-Idah-284405. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Big Dog Satellite

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Read the contract before you sign!

AUTHOR: K2kidd - (United States of America)

I am a concerned citizen responding to a local company being criticized because this gentlemen did not read or acknowledge the quintessential details of his contract, it "I do not doubt" specifically said the details in the contract he signed, if he had a problem with the details of his contract he should have addressed them before he signed not after he prematurely terminated the contract. I hope that all local individuals will both read and take in to consideration their future moves when they sign a contract obligating them for future endeavors. If you do you do not have to worry about employing this great local company to do business with.
Jordon

Big Dog

AUTHOR: Mattfast1 - (U.S.A.)

I work for DISH Network, and I would have to say the majority of the complaints we hear are from third party retailers such as this one. Most of them have high cancellation charges (much more than the pro-rated DISH Network cancellation charge while in a commitment) because they lose their entire commission when you cancel early, and want to make their money back. Sounds like a pretty sleazy place, but it's not DISH Network's fault.

When you called DISH to cancel service, they should have offered you our DishMover program, which (depending on warranty) would move your service for free. They should have also warned you (because they can see you came to us from a retailer) that the retailer you purchased the system from could charge you their own cancellation fees.