Complaint Review: B.I.G.

• Submitted: Wed, March 05, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, March 10, 2008

• Reported By:Waukegan Illinois
B.I.G.
1005 Terminal Way Reno, Nevada U.S.A.
  • Phone: 442-084922780
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

B.I.G. loan, payday, internet loans Reno Nevada

*Consumer Suggestion: Make sure they are licensed in your state

This company gave me a loan for $200.00 and began to debit my account. My bank denied the debit at some point and I had never heard from this company again nor did I have a telephone number to contact them. A year later someone from London is calling me saying they are going to send a wage assignment to my employer for $2300.00!!!

I spoke with the woman who would not tell me what the interest rate was on the loan only that there was 2100.00 in interest. She also told me that they took $160.00 in payments from my account but that would only cover the interest and not touch the principal. She attempted to make a settlement offer with me that would drop the amount owed to 1300.00. I declined the offer and then she decided that she would give me a settlement offer for 800.00 but she could only do it for my next 3 payments. I continually told her that I would not be able to pay that amount and she told me to give her 50 on my next payday, then 100 on the following payday and then 200 per payday until the amount was paid in full. This I finally agreed to.

Then she said we need to conference call your bank so they can release the authorization for the debit. At that point, i began searching the internet for this company and came across this website. I don't know if they are going to put in this wage assignment that she said I authorized but they won't send me a copy of that or any other paperwork until I pay the amount owed in full.

I guess we will see how this turns out. DO NOT do business with B.I.G.! This is a scam and a complete Ripoff!

Triciamur
Waukegan, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/05/2008 09:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BIG/Reno-Nevada-89502/BIG-loan-payday-internet-loans-Reno-Nevada-314925. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on B.I.G.

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Make sure they are licensed in your state

AUTHOR: Karen - (U.S.A.)

I too had a run in with B.I.G. on a 200.00 loan they came back to me and said that I owed 600.00 on. I could barely understand the person, they must be in foreign country or something. But when I said I had to make sure they were licensed to do business in the state of Tennessee, he quickly changed his tune and hung up on me, I havent heard from him since. I think it is a big bluff, I seriously doubt they garnish your check. In order to do that you would both have to go to court and I doubt you will see them there. They all talk a big game but when it comes down to it most of the time it is the pay day loan companies that are in the wrong and if you catch them at it, it could work to your advantage. In my state you are not allow to give more then 2 out at a time and no more then 500.00 total. So check your state laws.