Complaint Review: Bike and Kayak Tours

• Reported By: Kevin — San Diego California
Bike and Kayak Tours
2158 Avenida De La Playa La Jolla, California USA

Bike and Kayak Tours do not honor their Groupon promotions. La Jolla California

Bike and Kayak Tours put a deal on Groupon to rent a tandem kayak for a full day for $29.  After buying the Groupon and paying the tax, I reserved my rental.  When I got there, they claimed that the rental was not for a full day but for only 1 1/2 hours of kayak use.  I had printed out the Groupon deal that indicated that the kayak rental was good for a full day and showed this printout to either the manager or the owner.  He still did not honor his deal and would only let me use the kayak for 1 1/2 hours.  He told me that he could get Groupon to refund me my money but since my girlfriend and I were already there and ready to kayak, it would be silly of me to not go.

This company obviously will not honor their promotion even though I showed him their own ad on Groupon saying that the kayak rental was for a full day.  I had found other better offers on Groupon for kayak rental in La Jolla than the 1 1/2 hrs for $29.  I would have booked with another company had I known that Bike and Kayak Tours weren't going to honor their promotion.

The kayaking itself was fun and I recommend kayaking in La Jolla.  But definitely book your tour with another company. There are so many of them there that you should not need to deal with this bait and switch company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/18/2013 10:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bike-and-Kayak-Tours/La-Jolla-California-92037/Bike-and-Kayak-Tours-do-not-honor-their-Groupon-promotions-La-Jolla-California-1076930. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bike and Kayak Tours