Complaint Review: Bill Jacobs BMW

Bill Jacobs BMW
2495 aurora ave Naperville, Illinois United States of America

Bill Jacobs BMW Grant Pollard GM Deceptive, fraudulent Naperville, Illinois

*Author of original report: More detailed of Bill Jacobs BMW

After buying a BMW I was getting some indications that some general service work needed to be completed. After bring my car into the local BMW dealer Bill Jacobs BMW my work was completed under warranty as well as additional items that they told me that needed to be fixed. Some of the items like breaks we also fixed and I was told that they were covered with the maintenance agreement that came with the car. I was surprised to learn that breaks were covered because they are not normally covered. I remember being told by the staff at BIll Jacobs BMW that BMW maintenance agreement is real good and covers a lot of stuff not typically covered.

A month or so later I was getting calls from Bill Jacobs BMW letting me know there they had additional service recommendations. I did not initially come in due to other commitments. After their persistence in calling me (they called at least 3 times) I agreed to bring the car in for the work. At that time my battery was going defective and i asked them to look at that as well and i was told it needed to be replaced. I was asked to sign an agreement authorizing them to work on my car. Those were the exact words used by the service advisor. I signed the agreement. Never one time did he say these are the services we will perform in your car and this is the cost for the service. When I went to pick up the car after the work was completed I was handed a bill for over 1300.00. I refused to pay the bill as the dealer never told me this service was something that was to be paid for. They were very deceptive. They released my vehicle without any hesitation.

A month later I get a call from the police who were threatening to arrest me for theft of service. A warrant was issued for my arrest for a civil issue. Bill Jacobs BMW in Naperville Illinois used deceptive business practices and I would highly recommend avoiding doing business with them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/29/2013 12:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bill-Jacobs-BMW/Naperville-Illinois-60540/Bill-Jacobs-BMW-Grant-Pollard-GM-Deceptive-fraudulent-Naperville-Illinois-1005527. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bill Jacobs BMW

More detailed of Bill Jacobs BMW

AUTHOR: Bulliedbybilljacobs - (United States of America)

After buying a BMW I was getting some indications that some general service work needed to be completed. After bringing my car into the local BMW dealer, Bill Jacobs BMW, my work was completed under warranty as well as additional items that they told me that needed to be fixed. Some of the items like breaks were also fixed and I was told that they were covered with the maintenance agreement that came with the car. I was surprised to learn that breaks were covered because they are not normally covered.  I remember being told by the staff at BIll Jacobs BMW that BMW maintenance agreement is
real good and covers a lot of stuff not typically covered.

A month or so later I was getting calls from Bill Jacobs BMW letting me know there they had additional service recommendations. I did not ask for their recommendations. I did not initially come in due to other commitments. After their persistence in calling me (they called at least 3 times) I agreed to bring the car in for the work. At that time my battery was
going defective and I asked them to look at that as well and i was told it needed to be replaced. I was asked to sign an agreement authorizing them to work on my car. Those were the exact words used by the service advisor. I signed the agreement. Never one time did he say these are the services we will perform in your car and this is the cost for the service for each issue. It was simply sign the agreement to authorize the work. When I went to pick up the car after the work was completed I was astonished when I was handed a bill for almost 1360.00. I refused to pay the bill as the dealer never told me this service was something that was to be paid for. The service advisor never went over the estimate outlining what the costs were. The whole time I was under the impression this was warranty work. They were very deceptive but released my
vehicle without any hesitation. I received a phone call from Grant Pollard the GM. Grant was condescending during our conversation but willing to knock off the a few hundred dollars as if he was doing me a favor. I still felt since their employee was not up front and the charges for the services they provide were extreme compared to what I could have purchased the services for elsewhere I did not feel like they were being fair. I was willing to pay some of it but when he agreed to knock a bit off it was a take it or leave it.

I went out of town for a few weeks on a business trip. When I returned I received a call from the Naperville police who were threatening to arrest me for theft of service if I did not come up with the full amount in 36 hours. After I consulted an attorney who advised me that this is a civil matter and not a criminal matter I decided to tell both the police and Grant Pollard I would not be bullied by them. Then a warrant was issued for my arrest. Now I feel as if Bill Jacobs BMW as well as
the Naperville Police department for getting involved in a civil dispute is bullying me. How could it be a criminal offense if they released the vehicle? I never demanded it or threatened them in any way to turn it over. So how could I have stolen something? I would think they have an obligation to explain their services and be abundantly clear when work is being done outside of the warranty. Both the service manager and Grant hung their hat on the fact that their guys are well trained so they were assuming the misunderstanding was on my end. But it does not matter how well trained their guys is because he did not disclose that I was responsible for the repairs regardless of what was signed.