Complaint Review: Bimini's Oyster Bar and Seafood Cafe

• Updated: Thu, August 15, 2013

• Reported By: Alfred — greenville South Carolina
Bimini's Oyster Bar and Seafood Cafe
100 Villa Road Greenville, South Carolina USA

Bimini's Oyster Bar and Seafood Cafe Bimini's Lousy food, horrible service. AVOID this DUMP!!! Greenville South Carolina

*Author of original report: MY kind of Place!!!

*Author of original report: Bimini's REACTS!!!

My family took me to Bimini's June 18, 2013 as a late fathers day present. I chose Bimini's because of extensive
advertising on WORD-FM. We ordered the steam pot, coconut shrimp, fried shrimp, "jerk chicken breast. The
jerk chicken was a joke. I have been to the Caribbean multiple times and this had not a hint of jerk chicken flavor.
I sent it back and replaced it w/ a dz. steamed oysters. The steamed oysters were nice sized Apalachicolas but
were so overcooked the meat inside was only the size of a TINY piece of chewed chewing gum. NOT GOOD!!!
The steam pot was way overcooked. The mussels were horrible and I LOVE all this stuff. ALL the shrimp dishes
were BURNT.

I sympathize w/ servers because I worked through college as one. Our server on the outside deck was barely
conscious. Had to send the jerk chicken back to the kitchen with another server. 20 minutes later our server (he)
came out and asked if I "got the oysters OK?" (= end of conversation...)

We question Bob McClain's credibility for claiming to have eaten at Bimini's and giving you glowing reviews. The
food is inedible. Would have had better food if we bought the $2 hot dog plate at Hickory Point/The Palms and
eaten it standing up.

I did not want to embarrass my family by complaining about their gift to me in front of them. My son's fiance kept
asking how I found your restaurant/bar. I have left restaurants not having to pay for anything after having
significantly better meals.

= AVOID THIS DUMP!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/15/2013 02:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Biminis-Oyster-Bar-and-Seafood-Cafe/Greenville-South-Carolina-29615/Biminis-Oyster-Bar-and-Seafood-Cafe-Biminis-Lousy-food-horrible-service-AVOID-this-DU-1076157. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bimini's Oyster Bar and Seafood Cafe

MY kind of Place!!!

AUTHOR: Alfred Nobel - ()

Laid back islander setting. Serving spirits and  all types of fresh shell fish and seafood.  Hearty, simply prepared goodness.  No fussy "Seafood St. Jacque" or "Oysters Rockefeller" here.   NO BAD DAYS.

Bimini's REACTS!!!

AUTHOR: Alfred Nobel - ()

After our experience at Bimini's Oyster Bar, I filed the very same complaint in the "comments section" of Bimini's website.

NO REPLY!  =Such NONCHALANCE deserves a reward!  SO, I filed my ripoffreport here and C.C.:'d a copy to Bimini's email.

Two weeks later I got a response from Mr. Paul Hrabovsky, owner of Bimini's , Greenville SC. He expressed deep remorse. Stated he would investigate the matter fully and get back with me. He replied in short order. Stated he went to the trouble of viewing the security tapes of that time interval, made several necessary changes.

He stated there is never an excuse for poor food/shoddy service and Bimini's was very proud of the reputation they had built in our market.

Apparently he was out of town, a manager and a head cook were out that night and it was  a comedy of errors causing such a poor performance.

Mr. Hrabovsky claims CHANGES HAVE BEEN IMPLEMENTED so it can never happen again.  He welcomed us back for another meal OR a refund... Our choice.  We are in the midst of wedding planning, we declined the invitation and sent the transaction code/date/card number on our receipt. A  couple of days ago, we got a refund check just as promised.

We consider the matter closed.  =As if nothing wrong ever happened. Bimini's is in our rotation of restaurants again.

We wish Bimini's Oyster Bar well and recommend Bimini's to anyone looking for refreshment and/or seafood in a nice, tavern-like setting.