Complaint Review: Binder Full of Articles

• Updated: Mon, October 07, 2013

• Reported By: Nichole — Toledo Ohio
Binder Full of Articles
2363 NW CR 225 Lawtey, Florida USA

Binder Full of Articles Melanie Fitzpatrick, Content Writers Revenue Melanie Fitzpatrick, owner of Binder Full of Articles, LIED and will not pay me for work I completed. Lawtey Florida

*Author of original report: Thank you

*UPDATE Employee: Response

*Author of original report: Light at the End of the Tunnel

*UPDATE Employee: Great Employer to Me & She Always Has Lots of Work Available

*UPDATE Employee: Keep in Touch

*Author of original report: Great advice

*UPDATE Employee: Unpaid Content

*Author of original report: Not the Point, But Thank You

*UPDATE Employee ..inside information: I Am an Insider Currently Working for Melanie's Company

*General Comment: Good Employer

*Consumer Comment: I Write for Melanie and have never had problems ...

I started freelance writing for Melanie Fitzpatrick at Writer's Revenue, also called Binder Full of Articles, on June 4th, 2013. Since then I have written 66 articles for her company and have been paid for roughly 3 articles.

When I was hired by Mrs. Fitzpatrick, the written agreement was $1.50 per 500 words. I have received a total of $21.00 so far.

I no longer work for Mrs. Fitzpatrick and she states that she will "get me caught up" in payment, yet has failed to do so. She has also failed to keep up communication with me. I've kept every e-mail communication between Mrs. Fitzpatrick and myself, and one of the e-mails even states that she would pay me for the articles written in one week the following Friday of the next week, yet she has never followed that schedule.

I basically worked for Mrs. Fitzpatrick for free. Mrs. Fitzpatrick now owes me approximately $74.00. I feel very taken advantage of. This was my first freelance job and will be my last.

Mrs. Fitzpatrick was well aware when I started working for her that I'm a disabled mother, who needs the money, yet she is careless enough to withold the money that I've earned.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/29/2013 11:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Binder-Full-of-Articles/Lawtey-Florida-32058/Binder-Full-of-Articles-Melanie-Fitzpatrick-Content-Writers-Revenue-Melanie-Fitzpatrick-1088231. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Binder Full of Articles

AUTHOR: nikilee766 - ()

Glad you are happy, good luck in all you do.

Take care!

Nichole

Response

AUTHOR: Mark - ()

Glad to hear you two are talking. She gave me a bonus around May for finishing 40 fishing articles in 3 days. For the last 5 months, I have not received bonuses, BUT everything is always on time, just as my articles are turned in on time. I also referred 2 of my friends to her, 1 friend backed out because she didn't like the price, but the other friend, is still working for her and doesn't have  a problem.

It has been nice speaking with you. I have some work I need to go finish up before bed, keep in touch.

Mark

Light at the End of the Tunnel

Hello Mark T.

Great to hear you have such a great business relationship with Melanie. She is great to talk to, never disputed that. We are in the process of talking right now.

I'm guessing since she has the money to pay you bonuses that she will hopefully be paying me what is owed soon. A person can hope can't they?

Great Employer to Me & She Always Has Lots of Work Available

AUTHOR: Mark - ()

I have currently worked with Melanie for eight months now (since April, 2013) and have not had any problems with payment. I receive my payment through PayPal, on the date she gives me.  I have also received numerous bonuses from her, which is appreciated.

I have done a mixture of press releases, eBooks and articles for her. I do know that she had some problems with eBooks being rejected in the past, which I fixed up for her because the writer wouldn’t fix them. After this, she explained to me that we would only be doing press releases and articles, because her partnership with eBooks had ended due to complications and that alone put her in some major predictaments.

She’s easy to talk to, which is a big reason why I write for her, besides the fact that she keeps me supplied with work.  No need to reply back, I just wanted to place my own review on her.

All the best, Mark T.

Keep in Touch

AUTHOR: Miguel - ()

Nicole, it's good to know that my advice helped you. I have been working in this industry for some years and I've had my share of people that steal content (yes, this is stealing). These people can't keep getting away with it. She keeps "hiring" people constantly and I doubt we are the only ones that are not being paid. If you need any help concerning this situation, just let me know. Keep in touch.

Great advice

AUTHOR: nikilee766 - ()

Thank you for letting me know that I'm not alone. It's been very upsetting that I put my trust into Melanie and she turned around and did this to me. I'm sorry that it happend to you too. She's been in contact on and off with me lately with the same story that she will pay "when she can". So I'm thinking I will take your advice. I really appreciate it. I've been wondering what I can do, and that is a great route to take, I can't thank you enough.

Unpaid Content

AUTHOR: Miguel - ()

Hello Nicole,

It’s a shame to find out that Melanie is doing that to you too. Looks like I am not the only one waiting for payment. In my case, I have been completing a couple of eBooks for Melanie, some were paid (delayed payments) and the last two were not. There are currently $94 due. To my contact attempts Melanie answered “I will pay when I can”. Well, perhaps I should add here that the content was delivered months ago. That “when I can” it’s a little vague. Tired of waiting, I’ve decided to contact her again to inform that I would sell the eBooks if no payment was made and/or no agreement was reached. So far: no reply, no payment, nothing. This shows that she is not interested in paying, not interested in her writers and not interested in her clients. In your case, Nicole, since those articles are yours and they were not paid for, I advise you to find out if they are published online, contact the publisher of those articles and explain the situation. Then, if they don’t want to remove the article (published illegally as you are the copyright owner and no payment was made to you) I advise you to fill a DMCA request. Then their links will be removed from search engines and then you can sell your articles or publish them. Not to mention that if the DMCA is filled and action is taken the publishers of the articles will see their SEO rate drop (a lot) and their reputation will be screwed. Bad news for the clients who ordered those articles from Melanie, but at least nobody is getting away with it.

Not the Point, But Thank You

AUTHOR: nikilee766 - ()

You're completely right. One reason I stopped working for Mrs. Fitzpatrick, besides attempting to take on another job, was my disability. All of my muscles are affected, including my brain. I'm on many medications which makes it nearly impossible to even stay awake while writing one page. So yes, I was paid for more than 3 articles, more like 14, (good reason not to continue to try to write articles for everyone else to have to fix). But I was not paid for 66.

Melanie was absolutely wonderful to work for while I was working for her. She was so patient and understanding. I couldn't have asked for a better employer. I even sent her an e-mail telling her that I would be glad to give her rave reviews if she would just pay me what I was owed.

It was once I left that I had an issue.

Doesn't everyone deserve to get paid for work completed?

#9 UPDATE Employee ..inside information

I Am an Insider Currently Working for Melanie's Company

AUTHOR: Catherine - ()

I am an insider who is currently working for Mrs. Fitzpatrick. I started writing for her 2 months ago. I have had 2 out of 45 projects rejected. However, when a project was rejected, she asked me to fix them, which I did right away. I have never had a problem with her paying me nor have I had a problem with her communication (she always responds right away).

She has promised unlimited work for many years to come and I do hope she will have work for many years to come, because so far, working with her has been a pleasure. I admit, reading such report makes me a bit leery and I am glad I did not read this BEFORE I started working with her or I might have passed up an amazing opportunity.

#10 General Comment

Good Employer

AUTHOR: Jan - ()

I have been writing for Melanie for a total of 1 year now and am amazed to see such a review posted on her. She has always paid me on time and is easy to get along with.  She has had trouble with writers turning in work with grammar errors and not turning work in on time and I do remember Nichole's name coming up in our conversation when she asked me to edit/rewrite something.

Paid for roughly 3 articles? Yet, you state she paid you $21.00 and the price is $1.50? If you do your calculations, that is a total of 14 articles paid for, not 3.

Guys and girls, if you're reading the review written above, you can take it into consideration, but you will miss out on the opportunity of working with someone who cares about her writers and she DOES pay on time.

I Write for Melanie and have never had problems ...

AUTHOR: Jan - ()