Complaint Review: BJ's Wholesale Club

• Updated: Wed, July 30, 2014

• Reported By: Conrad — Easton Connecticut
BJ's Wholesale Club
40 Black Rock Turnpike Fairfield, Connecticut USA

BJ's Wholesale Club Stole my TV I brought in for replacement right off my cart Fairfield Connecticut

*Consumer Comment: Actually you screwed yourself...

*Author of original report: UPDATE

I purchased a TV from this store.  When I got home I discovered it was a used TV because a Neltflix account was set up on it already.  The picture was ok.  A week later the price dropped $20, but rather than take it back, I kept it since it was already mounted on a wall mount.  A few months later the Ethernet port failed and I could not longer access my Netflix account.  I next tried to use it as a Computer Monitor and that does not work either.  Perhaps this is why it was returned earlier.  I went in to the store to ask for a copy of my receipt because I lost it and wanted a copy for the extended warranty paperwork.  After waiting 45 minutes and still they could not produce it, I was told just to bring it in and they would replace it.  I had to go out of town on an emergency and when I returned I brought it to the store and was told I had to go through a warranty replacement.  I hoped this would not be too difficult.  While waiting for the paperwork, I did some food shopping.  I could not leave without my card.  I did get a copy of the sale receipt (finally) and the warranty plan, and my card back, however, when I approached the cashier, he immediately removed my TV, even though I told him is was mine--not even in a box, and failed to return it when I left.  I did not realize until I got home that I didn't have it.  I made numerous phone calls, and got treated quite rudely but the store manager and put off and delayed time and again.  I wanted it back for a trip I was taking the next days, since the picture still worked for BlueRay and broadcast TV.  Finally they told me I left with it, which is a lie.  They say they saw it on video but would not allow me to see it.  I asked for a photo of an image showing it and was told the quality was so poor you could not make it out.  WTF?  They acted like I stole the TV, when I didn't.  I had a receipt for it on me.

I called to get the name of the general manager and regional manager and they refused to give me this information.  I was given the address and telephone number of the store--which I already knew, and a corporate number that requires a known extension to reach anyone.  It is effectively impossible to complain about how I was treated.

I was screwed over five times on this one transaction.  I was sold a used TV.  The price dropped a week after I bought it, they could not provide me with a copy of the receipt when I stopped in for it, instead I was promised a free replacement, when I brought the TV it, they eventually produced a copy of the receipt and told me it was too late for a replacement, and finally they stole my TV right off my cart when I brought it in as requested.

What I expected.
1.  A new TV
2.  Price protection without having to bring the whole TV back in.
3.  A replacement when it was offered to me after waiting 45 minutes.
4.  A copy of the receipt.
5.  To be able to leave with, if not a new TV, as least my old one.

What I got.
1.  A receipt for a TV they kept
2.  High Blood Pressure and danger of a stroke.
3.  One whole day and two trips to the store wasted.
4.  A rude manager.
5.  Being lied to by several store employees.

What you may get--if you buy a TV, is it is probably refurbished and not new.

On a separate subject.  The parking lot shakes when cars drive on it.  It feels like it could collapse at any moment.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/30/2014 03:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BJs-Wholesale-Club/Fairfield-Connecticut-06825/BJs-Wholesale-Club-Stole-my-TV-I-brought-in-for-replacement-right-off-my-cart-Fairfield-1166227. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BJ's Wholesale Club

Actually you screwed yourself...

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

I was screwed over five times on this one transaction.

- Actually a better statement is that "I screwed myself over"

I was sold a used TV.

- But you kept it.

The price dropped a week after I bought it

- Well then take your receipt and get the price difference...oh yea..you "lost" the receipt.

they could not provide me with a copy of the receipt when I stopped in for it,

- Why would they have to give you a copy you could just have used your own...oh yea...you "lost" your receipt.

- You mean after you "eventually" brought the TV in right?

- Yea this one is the real kicker..I really wonder how you notice you are somehow missing a TV that you knew you brought in and even made a point when you saw him take it.

UPDATE

AUTHOR: Conrad - ()

I discovered that this TV was in fact a refurbished model.  BJ's sold this TV as new when it was not.