Complaint Review: B.J's Wholesale Club

• Submitted: Sun, May 11, 2003
  • Updated: Sun, May 11, 2003

• Reported By:Woodstock Georgia
B.J's Wholesale Club
Molly Lane Woodstock, Georgia U.S.A.

B.J's Wholesale Club cheated employees and screwed the customers even more Woodstock Georgia

I worked for BJ's in Woodstock,Georgia. I trained twice and did everything required of me. The store was lowering prices due to it's Grand Opening with all sorts of promotional items, free membership for the first year, coupons galore and rebates unlimited. There were so many excellent employee's that it made me wonder how I ever was hired if you looked or compared job skills.

Membership was over 90,000, within the first 3 month's.
Our General Manager,Mr. Raminger, made promises to us all in regard to long term employment with managerial positions open & available to all who wanted to put in the effort and forgo the extra mile. The cash registers were ca-chinging constantly. We earned little pins to go on our badges if someone complemented or praised us for our competence on the register or graciously helping them to locate a product in that huge ware-house.

When business started to slack off for one reason or another you began to notice less familiar faces. Whether people had a problem with member-ship, or items that you had coupons for were no-longer available or reinchecks were no-longer being given out; we the employee felt the noose tightening. At one point we would joke about who would be let go next. This was'nt funny for such is life and we all knew it.

The hard part was when the write ups began. We could be terminated for 3 write ups. After working on the register for about 3-4 month's, I got write-ups for allowing items to make it to security and hadn't been scanned or rang up. After 2, write-up's what seemed back to back, I began to count the items to make sure the number matched the receipt of purchases. To no avail, I got a 3rd write-up but transferred to the bakery full time. You had to work 30 days in another department to clear all written complaints. It just wasn't me but everyone was getting written up and fired or quitting due to the stress from the management. Tension was so thick you could cut it with a knife. The laughter had subsided and realism had set in.

People were fighting for more and longer hours. I had been cut back to 7 hours a week. This was insulting not to mention humiliating. These tactics were used to get rid of the employee population and it worked to a great extent. The bakery manager showed favortism and you couldn't win for losing with her. Mrs. Knapp, was so difficult to work with and made racist comments about certain ethnic groups right to my face. I felt degraded and wondered why I didn't walk out the door. What kind of personification do I resinate to have to listen to such open discrimanation about other employee's and races.

The unsanitary conditions that I was forced to work in and around in the Bakery alone were enough to gag a maget. I worked hard to make things cleaner and more sanitized before it was sold to the public. Date were changed on muffins and re-shrinked wrapped. The manager was fired in the meat Department for washing and re-packaging meat. I was told this after I had quit or was told by the General Manager not to forget to clock out.

After complaining to the Manager that I was accused by another employee of going in the cooler and having sex with the assistant bakery manager. I said this was sexual harassment and she needed to stop this out-rageous fabrication. She continued to tell her lies just not about me but other people as well. Because this Star=Brite as I like to call her was Mrs. Janice's right hand henchman, I felt this was just another lying concoction to terminate another employee with reckless dis-regard for the truth.

They will work you for nothing and terminate for any reason whether it is the truth or a made up lie. They are dirty in more ways than one. I can't stand the thoughts to this day of ever purchasing or eating anything from BJ'S Wholesale Club. I didn't know that places like this existed in today's society. To this I have one last coment and that is that ignorance is bliss.

Woodstock, Georgia

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on BJ's Wholesale

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/11/2003 11:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BJs-Wholesale-Club/Woodstock-Georgia-30188/BJs-Wholesale-Club-cheated-employees-and-screwed-the-customers-even-more-Woodstock-Georg-56542. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on B.J's Wholesale Club