Complaint Review: Black Top Revolution

• Updated: Mon, February 24, 2014

• Reported By: Summer — San Antonio Texas
Black Top Revolution
1011 Legend Ave Bonham, Texas USA

Black Top Revolution BTR Please put these people out of business! DO NOT EVER PURCHASE AN ANIMAL FROM THESE PEOPLE. Bonham Texas

I attended an animal show at the Live Oak Civic center on 11/17/13. Although I had no intent to purchase a puppy I fell in love with a beautiful Boston Terrier puppy who eventually became named Elvis.  Upon expressing concern that these were puppy mill dogs the "salesman" was adamant that the puppy came with a one year health guarantee and was from the best of breeders. He even offered financing on the pet.  There was a sickly looking Yorkie in a cage right next to the play pen that Elvis was in and I asked what is wrong with that puppy, Does it have Parvo? He explained that all of their animals were fully checked out by vets and vaccinated and deemed healthy and that the Yorkie just had hypoglycemia and they were nursing her. Against my better judgement, I was already in love with Elvis and made the purchase. We brought him to the vet within 24 hours of our purchase to have him looked at and all seemed to be ok. [continued below]....

.....

Elvis became ill exactly 10 days after bringing him home (the exact incubation period of Parvo). He was confirmed to have Parvo by a vet. If you are all familiar with this disease it is a horrible disease that most puppies do not survive. My only options were to euthanize Elvis or get him immediate medical attention. I could not in good conscience look at this sweet puppy and euthanize him, my children and myself were completely attached to him.  Per the "contract" that BTR supplied, I contacted them immediately and they said, "oh well he must of contracted Parvo at your house. There is no way to prove that he got it with us and don't listen to the vet bring the dog home and squirt gatorade in his mouth every three hours. There is nothing we can do for you unless the dog dies." What a disgusting excuse for a human being. I am a responsible pet owner and know not to expose a puppy into any environment where they can potentially pick up a disease. Trying to argue this point with this person was futile at that moment.

I followed my vets advice and fought for Elvis. He was such a little fighter and the vets and their staff fell in love with him. He had the best of care and we were otpimistic until additional symptoms showed up. Not only did this poor puppy have Parvo but HE ALSO HAD DISTEMPER. Two of the absolute worst sicknesses an animal could possibly have. I continued to fight for this poor defenseless puppy, cooked for him every day, never left his side, kept him dehydrated, admitted him to the hospital. It was the most heartbreaking and emotionally and financially draining thing for myself, my mom (who was a great nurse to her granddog) and my young children. Elvis fought the good fight until right after Christmas when the seizures came. He finally reached a point where he could not fight anymore and I could not see him suffer. We euthanized Elvis on 12/31/13. Through tears my 9 year old daughter asked:

MOMMY ALL THOSE PEOPLE HAD TO DO WAS MAKE SURE ELVIS GOT HIS SHOTS, WHY WOULD THEY DO THIS TO US? WHY WOULD THEY MAKE ELVIS SUFFER SO MUCH OVER THOSE EASY LITTLE SHOTS?

Even a 9 year old is smart enough to know how absolutely despicable these people are. I have spent countless hours crying or consoling my children on us, thousands of dollars and this has completely taken an unimaginable toll on my family all because you irresponsible, greedy people couldn't have insisted to make sure your animals have shots.

There is NO telling how many families have been through this same devastation. Shame on you...and guess what? I am making it my mission to put these people out of business.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/24/2014 12:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Black-Top-Revolution/Bonham-Texas-75418/Black-Top-Revolution-BTR-Please-put-these-people-out-of-business-DO-NOT-EVER-PURCHASE-AN-1126096. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Black Top Revolution