Complaint Review: Blackhawk Network, Inc.

• Submitted: Tue, October 22, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, October 22, 2013

• Reported By: John — Los Angeles California
Blackhawk Network, Inc.
5918 Stoneridge Mall Road Dept. 6220 Pleasanton, California USA

Blackhawk Network, Inc. Blackhawk Network California, Inc., PayPower Refuses to investigate gift card fraud and return money. Pleasanton California

*UPDATE Employee: Sorry for the trouble

I received a $100 gift card AS A GIFT for my birthday this Summer and held onto it for a few weeks.  When I finally tried to use it, it was declined and I was told that there was only a balance of $.05 on it.  I called the number on the back the same night and was told that a ticket would be opened and someone would contact me and that there was nothing that could be done to resolve the problem that night.  Luckily I had some money that day.

After not hearing back from anyone I followed up by phone the next business day and started getting bounce around from person to person who couldn't help me.  Finally I got a supervisor on the phone who wouldn't do anything unless I provided the original purchase receipt.  I calmly and politely explained that IT WAS A GIFT and that I didn't have access to the receipt.  At this point they tried to dismiss my issue and threaten to "close the ticket if I didn't comply within 30 days."

I asked the person who gave me the card for the receipt but of course they didn't have it weeks after the fact.  I contacted the retailer where the supposed $99.95 purchase was made and they at least looked into the matter.  Roughly a week later Blackhawk and it's affiliates were still no help to me.

I had to call Blackhawk again since no one from their Risk Management department ever did and I told them that I didn't have access to the receipt but I had the card in front of me.  I was then told that the card itself was not proof of ownership and that unless I could prove I owned the card they wouldn't look into the matter further.

Needless to say nothing ever got resolved through Blackhawk but the original gift giver felt bad and gave me $100 in cash.

Fast forward to today and I get a letter from Blackhawk stating, in essence, that since I didn't supply them with any documentation "no further action will be taken on their part."

What a joke of a company this is.  I will never buy another gift card of ANY KIND because of this experience.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/22/2013 05:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Blackhawk-Network-Inc/Pleasanton-California-94588/Blackhawk-Network-Inc-Blackhawk-Network-California-Inc-PayPower-Refuses-to-investiga-1093880. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Blackhawk Network, Inc.

Sorry for the trouble

AUTHOR: Paypower Customer Support - ()

Hi,

Sorry for the trouble.  Please contact us at customer-support@paypower.com so we can look into the situation for you.

PayPower Social Support