Complaint Review: Bland's Lawn Equipment

• Reported By: Danny — The Woodlands Texas
Bland's Lawn Equipment
4219 Spring Cypress Road Spring, Texas USA

Bland's Lawn Equipment Wrong Diagnosis/Refused to Refund Money Spring Texas

I took my push mower in for a spring tune up.  I wanted the oil changed, blade sharpened, new plug, air filter, etc.  The technician called to tell me that my engine was surging and I needed a new carburetor.  He said my fuel tank and carburetor had debris in them.  The cost of replacing the carburetor and having the spring service completed would cost almost as much as a new mower, so I told them I would just pick it up. They were very kind in offering to junk it for me, but I said no I'll pick it up.

I picked it up on Saturday, and took the carburator apart myself.  There was no debris in the bowl or the jets.  I also drained the gas tank.  There was no debris in there either.  In the end, the lawn mower needed a new air filter.

I called on Monday and explained that their diagnosis was wrong and I would like them to refund my $40.00 deposit.  They wouldn't give an inch.  They explained away the clean carburetor bowl by saying that the technician took the bowl off of the carburetor and cleaned it out.  They had no answer for the clean gas tank although my receipt clearly says that I have debris in my fuel tank.  I can't even communicate how clean this carburetor was.  It was like new inside.  I was actually shocked that it was so clean.   I was told that the air filter wouldn't have been the problem and I must have gotten dirt out of the carburetor when I took it apart.  They stood by their diagnosis and refused to refund my money.  Bland's deserves the the "Rip off" title.  Steer clear!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/03/2014 12:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Blands-Lawn-Equipment-/Spring-Texas-77388/Blands-Lawn-Equipment-Wrong-DiagnosisRefused-to-Refund-Money-Spring-Texas-1127910. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bland's Lawn Equipment