Complaint Review: Blind Devotion Window Coverings

• Submitted: Fri, May 30, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, June 10, 2008

• Reported By:Gilbert Arizona
Blind Devotion Window Coverings
950 E. Pecos Rd. #6 Chandler, Arizona U.S.A.

Blind Devotion Window Coverings Window coverings - Blinds Chandler, Arizona

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Response to so call Ripoff

The owner of Blind Devotion Window Coverings refused to honor warranty and address problems with the blinds. We tried to contact the manufacturer of the blinds, who has knowledge that the product is not functional as sold, and agreed to refund the money in order to replace the blinds. However, the owner of the Blind Devotion stopped any communication and not only refused to fix the problems (honor the warranty), but kept the refund from the manufacturer to himself. We are now stuck with damaged blinds...

Christos
Gilbert, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/30/2008 12:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Blind-Devotion-Window-Coverings/Chandler-Arizona-85225/Blind-Devotion-Window-Coverings-Window-coverings-Blinds-Chandler-Arizona-335668. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Blind Devotion Window Coverings

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

AUTHOR: Jerry Levinson - (U.S.A.)

Mr. Katsanos and I have been going round about with his blinds for the better part of 6 months now. He has been a very difficult person to work with. He started out complaining about problems that didn't exist. We went out and replaced blinds that were in perfect order just to try and make them happy. He did end up with a legitmet problem. The cord tilts wern't working properly. In 14 years this is the first time we experienced this problem. Throughout this process we've had to endure Mr. Katsano's yelling at the office girls at the manufacturer and in my office. He made the situation very difficult to resolve.
I have given him $400 in free wood arches. We gave him a $300 refund for the problems and hassle of having to repair the blinds. We still had a problem with the cord tilts. The solution was to either replace the blinds, replace the cords on the tilt, or refund him his money and take the blinds back. He asked if I would give him a partial refund and allow him to keep the blinds. "I will repair them myself" is what he said. I offered him $500 he asked for $700 I accepted. When I sent the check I wrote on the bottom if you cash you accept the blinds as is and we will not refund you any more money. He has gone back on his agreement and complained to every agency he can think of so far, including Ripoff Report.
He said he talked with the manufacturer and they said they refunded us $800, this was a lie. They did not refund anything to us and they did not tell him they refunded us $800. That really doesn't matter anyway because we had an agreement which he has not honored.
OK Christos balls back in your court. Who you going to complain to next. Try the Attorney's General office or just take us to court. I would be happy to let a judge decide this matter. How about the Registar Of Contractors?
Fact is in 15 years this is the first complaint we've had to deal with.
Zero complaints with ROC, BBB, and on Angie's list we have over 20 reports that are all A's.
I'm proud of our record and I'm not going to give into this bully, I know he doesn't honor his agreements so I refuse to give him any more money back.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company