Complaint Review: blockbuster.com

• Submitted: Wed, August 08, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, August 08, 2012

• Reported By: rp49er — bakersfield California United States of America
blockbuster.com

blockbuster.com blockbuster online promised free 30 day trial, I cancelled, early, they charged my credit card anyway , Internet

After viewing a Blockbuster ad online on 7-12-2012 advertising FREE 30 Day Online Rental Trial I decided to sign up

My plan was called the total access plan  which allowed 3 rentals at a time by mail or in the store for $19.99 if I liked the service after 30 days.

I decided after 2 weeks that i did not like the service and returned all movies and cancelled.
Blockbuster.com  acknowledges the official date of cancellation as 8-7-2012 which was 25 days into
the trial.

Blockbuster.com charged my credit card on 7-12-2012 $21.44 when they weren't supposed to until 8-13-2012, 30 days after that when the trial period ended.

Blockbuster.com refuses to refund the $21.44 saying once they charge your card, they can no longer give a refund. They then went on to try to sell me other services while they were stealing from me.
They also gave a lame excuse that they no longer offer the free 30 day trial.

The fact is that on 7-12-2012 they were offering that and need to abide by it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/08/2012 04:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/blockbustercom/internet/blockbustercom-blockbuster-online-promised-free-30-day-trial-I-cancelled-early-they-ch-924457. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on blockbuster.com