• Report: #720299

• Submitted: Thu, April 21, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, April 21, 2011

• Reported By: Craig S. — Tewksbury Massachusetts USA
bloomstoday.com

bloomstoday.com Blooms Today - A Bait-And-Switch Internet Florist ,bloomstoday.com, Internet

BloomsToday.com is a typical BAIT AND SWITCH florist - offering a 50% discount and a delivery charge of $4.95 (instead of $9.99).

When I signed up, I got a email indicating that the agreed upon 50% discount had been applied plus the delivery charge of $4.95.

Then I look at my bank statement.  What did I find?

I found that they had charged me the FULL charge plus the full delivery charge - PLUS - the membership fee for their 'so called' membership program.  The membership program is a bait and switch deal if ever I saw one.  They push visitors to their site to join by offering the 50% discount - but they don't tell you that they charge you $9.99 to join - plus $9.99 EVERY MONTH forever.  That's $120/year to get a 50% discount off of flowers and delivery cost.

I have filed a complaint with the Attorney General's office in Boston, MA and will pursue all legal options I have to get my money back.  In the meantime, I'm out about $40.

Advice:  Don't do business with these unethical crooks (my opinion - seemingly shared by a lot of other people).

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/21/2011 09:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/bloomstodaycom/internet/bloomstodaycom-Blooms-Today-A-Bait-And-Switch-Internet-Florist-bloomstodaycom-Inter-720299. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on bloomstoday.com